Looking to rehome cute adorable pet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
    Some of us traditional bow guys get a couple of nice looking big snake skins and back self bows, longbows even recurve limbs. Snakeskins make mighty good camo, and just look cool. Don’t lean your snakeskin backed bow against a tree and wander off, you might not find it again.
    Yea, I have seen copperhead skins used on bows and a few other things, like knife sheaths. They look very good.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
      We used to own a place in central Texas infested with copperheads and coral snakes. Before we sold the place, I ran across this one on my last visit. Almost stepped on the second one that was with it (not pictured).
      That picture looks about like our place, in many areas, the ground is 2" to 3" deep with oak leaves, the copperheads love those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
        We used to own a place in central Texas infested with copperheads and coral snakes. Before we sold the place, I ran across this one on my last visit. Almost stepped on the second one that was with it (not pictured).
        That picture looks about like our place, in many areas, the ground is 2" to 3" deep with oak leaves, the copperheads love those areas.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
          That's exactly it. I read a study a while back on copperhead feeding patterns. Starting around may, they will favor oak patches and were found to travel a good distance to get there. A lot of bugs like locusts like oaks so coppeheads show up for a buffet. My dads house is nested inside a patch of 30 white oaks, and we catch them coming out of the woods headed for the homesite.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
            That's exactly it. I read a study a while back on copperhead feeding patterns. Starting around may, they will favor oak patches and were found to travel a good distance to get there. A lot of bugs like locusts like oaks so coppeheads show up for a buffet. My dads house is nested inside a patch of 30 white oaks, and we catch them coming out of the woods headed for the homesite.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
            My wife and I have both suspected they eat a lot of bugs. We have katydids, locust/cicadas, roaches, then lots of June bugs. We have lots of bugs, that would be good copperhead snack size. We also have quite a few small frogs, that look like leopard frogs, lots of Texas spiny lizards, then some dark colored lizards and a striped lizard, we used to call racing lizards, and then skinks.

I have been wondering what the local copperheads eat. I watched some videos on trapping snakes, multiple of those videos they caught copperheads. They used eggs for bait.
            Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 07-11-2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X