No announcement yet.

Grandparent Nicknames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it goes either way. My wife and I just became grandparents for the first time 2 weeks ago, what a blessing! My wife has had her nickname picked out forever and I said I would let our granddaughter figure mine out. I dont really have a favorite I would want to be called. I think some of the best names are chosen by the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      I think it goes either way. My wife and I just became grandparents for the first time 2 weeks ago, what a blessing! My wife has had her nickname picked out forever and I said I would let our granddaughter figure mine out. I dont really have a favorite I would want to be called. I think some of the best names are chosen by the kids.
      Yup. The kids should pick it. My father in law wanted to be called "Cool-Pop". The kids called him "Pancake-Pop" because he liked to make pancakes (obviously). It chapped him but was funny as he(ck). Let them give you the handle.

Comment

I like Pow Pow but will be happy if they call me something different. We are just ready to drive down there to see her. **** the rona!!!

Comment

Pap and Hammaw

Comment

I called my grandpa papa. Pronounced paw-pa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Another vote for paw paw. Wish I woulda had more time with mine..

Comment

I hope to be called G Diddy.

We called my Grand Father Pee paw and everyone in town called him that. He even signed his name at the feed store on the bill as Pee Paw

Comment

Bop and Nana here.

Comment

Poppy and GiGi.

We picked the names and the kids have always used them.

Unfortunately I now share a name with one of their favorite movie characters.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wife is Gigi and I am G. We picked and it stuck

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        I’m PawPaw. I wanted Pop, but little a Ellis didn’t care what I wanted.
                        Grand babies don’t care what you want my dad sat and held my daughter and nephew for literally hours saying “PeePaw” and they would answer back “PawPaw”. Guess what he is 25 years later? Yep, he’s now PawPaw to 14 grandkids

Comment

We are grandpa and buela

Comment

I am Buddy and she who is to be obeyed is Mema..............

Comment

The weakest nicknames are the ones you give yourself.

The nickname your are dealt that sticks and offends you the most are the best ones.

Comment

I'm not ready for grandkids but don't care what I'll be called or have a preference as of today. To me, if you indeed do have a preference then it should be the end of the conversation.

On my Dad's side I guess the kids did the pick'n...my Kids call my Dad Granddad & My sister's kids call him Papi. I called Dad's Dad Granddad & my cousins called him Memo. All of us called our grandmother Nana.

On my Mom's side it was only me & my sister so it was Grandmother & Gramp...they are gone now, but my kids called them Gigi or GG (for Great Grandmother & Gramp stuck. I think I recall that being their request.

Mom requested Nana.

Comment

Working...
                                X