No announcement yet.

How has TBH impacted your life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ****** off Wildman with my snoring at the DosXX. I haven't been the same since.

Comment

Met some great people and eventually turned into a new career from one of the friendships. Never know who youll meet on the internet!

Comment

I’m a relative newbie to TBH. I lost my lease right before the bow season opener last year due to the property selling. I entered some of the TPWD draw hunts and was awarded a hunt at Balcones Canyonlands. I scoured the internet for information about the hunt and the ONLY place that had any info was this Texas Bowhunter site. So i joined and quickly learned that this site is full of great information but long time users are very skeptical of people that seem to come along to use and abuse the site and not contribute.

After being on here and reading posts about the history of TBH, I understand why. I don’t do any social media other than linked in, but I have been sucked into this community. I read posts daily that impress me, encourage me, make me cry (both from sadness and joy), and amaze me. The strength, support, and generosity of this community is unheralded. There are some bad apples. I see some people that I think genuinely get their joy from making asinine comments, BUT they are few and far between. I would have a beer, a prayer, or a good cry with 99.9% of the people that are on this site. My only regret is that I didn’t find it sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I met and married Mexico’s sister, and my life has never been the same!!

Comment

I have met some great folks and found out how small the world really is.
            The generosity and trust on this BB is unmatched ANYWHERE I have seen, let alone this being on the internet.
            I have learned a great deal here and am glad to be a part of it.
            There are some rambunctious swords here no doubt, but that is in life everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx.Fisher View Post
              I met and married Mexico’s sister, and my life has never been the same!!

See my post about friends I choose. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was a lurker for a couple years on/off before actually setting up an account. After I did you could find me in the classifieds buying stuff I really didn’t need and getting on a couple leases.

But, the biggest way TBH has effected me is through relationships. I learned a couple guys were local and one has become my best friend. Because of those friendships we purchased property on the coast, a boat, and am even building a boat (something my buddy got me to thinking about five years ago). If I had to sum it up in one word it would be “community”, but not just any community. When I joined TBH, to me, it had that country town old time feel/vibe of neighbors helping neighbors and the men had morals and standards. That was the main reason I joined. Members gave freely and generously to those in need even though they had never met in person.

All in all I would have to say TBH has influenced how I walk through this world. I have seen friends marry, have children, divorce, and leave this word for their eternal resting place and I have been blessed to bare witness to the good, the bad, and the ugly. We celebrate the highs and pull together in support during the lows just like a family should.

Nope, TBH has not effected me in the least...

Michael

Comment

I learned the prevalence of one headlight GM products on the road today.

Comment

The wealth of knowledge on here never ceases to amaze me. If you have a question somebody on here will have the answer. And it doesn't matter what the question is. I remember prolly 10 years ago I needed some input on doctors for my daughter with Dravet's syndrome. Extremely rare disease. By God there were a couple folks that lead me in the right direction. From that to trail cameras everything you need help with is on this amazing screen.

Comment

Not sure yet, I am a newby. But good so far. Many people willing to help with any problem and share their experiences.

Comment

I learned, never to buy a Henway from Chew. Dang thing never worked right.

Comment

Been here several years. The generosity and love are unmatched. I believe it has made me a better person just by reading how great And unselfish other people are.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            I learned, never to buy a Henway from Chew. Dang thing never worked right.
                            Haha, what about a dikfer??

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                              The wealth of knowledge on here never ceases to amaze me. If you have a question somebody on here will have the answer. And it doesn't matter what the question is. I remember prolly 10 years ago I needed some input on doctors for my daughter with Dravet's syndrome. Extremely rare disease. By God there were a couple folks that lead me in the right direction. From that to trail cameras everything you need help with is on this amazing screen.
                              When my wife needs info on something, she tells me to check on TBH. It is amazing the knowledge on here.

I joined in '01. Like WCB, I've hunted with some on here, drank beer with a bunch, had beer spilled on me by one and shot 3-D with a bunch. My son got to go on some youth hunts because of TBH. I have made some, hopefully, very good friends on here. It truly is a brother and sisterhood.

Comment

Met some great folks and spent a bunch of money on stuff I didn’t know I needed

Comment

Working...
                                X