• Show
Clear All

You don’t have to back it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post

You don’t have to back it in.

I wonder if the sticker on the back window was photoshopped in. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

For quiet a few years there were 10/12 of us that used to rent a 2 story house right next to the public boat ramp in Port Mansfield. It was so much fun most of us would end up,getting back in from fishing early. I was overly concerned some afternoons, that we had overloaded the upstairs deck overlooking the boat ramp and laughing our *** off for several hours. And to top it off we always had a blast fishing. I sure miss those days. ...just saying.......cC

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
          I still want to make a big sign that says:

“ save your marriage! Let me back your trailer in $20”

Swear I could make a ton!
          I could have use that 3 weeks ago. I drove the boat away and told her to call me when it was in the water. I just couldn't watch it.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol, now i'm their biggest fan.

Comment

I was taught a long time ago and I also haven’t taught my wife to do it because when she is fishing with me it usually later and I don’t want to hold anyone up.

If I’m by myself I always get there early so I’m not rushed and can watch the show later in the morning.

Comment

I’ve always said there should be a application and test you have to pass before you are allowed to own a boat.

Comment

Jet ski trailers are even worse LOL. Folks that buy jet skis usually have less than zero experience with a trailer, and those short trailers are tough for anyone to back up.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    When you are inexperienced the pressure is real. We were in line at Goose Island boat ramp with 5-6 guides behind us. About the time it was our turn my buddy had a bathroom emergency and I had to take over. (I've never owned a boat) I did the best I could but I was slow and had to take a couple of stabs at it - I was really sweating. As you can imagine, those guides in line were neither patient nor sympathetic - you'd think I'd stomped a puppy or something.
                    Wait until you go to pull the trailer back up and the motor in the truck jumps timing. You're stuck and have a bunch of ****** off folks yelling at you.

Comment

It's all fun and games when someone can't back the trailer until the time you forgot to put the plug in and your then trying to get them to quickly ease the trailer back down.....just sayin, not from experience or anything....

Comment

Where is the part when they have a pull start motor and yank on it for 20 minutes, with a gasoline slick all around the boat and ramp. Or the part when they get the boat loaded up on the trailer, pull up about 10 feet out of the water and block the whole ramp stowing away their gear.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          When you are inexperienced the pressure is real. We were in line at Goose Island boat ramp with 5-6 guides behind us. About the time it was our turn my buddy had a bathroom emergency and I had to take over. (I've never owned a boat) I did the best I could but I was slow and had to take a couple of stabs at it - I was really sweating. As you can imagine, those guides in line were neither patient nor sympathetic - you'd think I'd stomped a puppy or something.
                          Lmao!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                            Before that it's back up so far that the truck's rear wheels are in the water before realizing that the boat is NOT unhooked!

....and then maybe have to be pulled out because rear wheels are spinning with no 4wd!
                            True story. 2 weeks ago. I go to take the family for an evening boat ride. I get everything lined out. Drinks snacks music gas life jackets that everyone is happy with.

Go to back in and the **** boat will not float off the trailer. Finally I remember the God **** strap. Pull it back out unhook it. And now its tight as hell since I jerked the boat half a dozen times. and it slides off beautifully.

And then I have to jump over the trailer because my son go tired of holding the rope and just walked away. **** boat was about to float into the other boats.

I get it all figured out go part the trailer and cool off for a minute. When I get out of my truck this old man walks up to me hands me a beer. says drink this before you go back down. Laughed and drove off.

I just shook my head, drank my beer and got on the boat.

then spent 100.00 on bungee boat ties and misc crap to not go down this road again... This weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              I saw that earlier... lol! I'm kinda like Dale, my dad taught me young how to dump a boat, quick and respectfully. Now, I launch 90 percent of the time by myself anyway....
                              Same for me when I had my boat. People over complicate it, for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                                I always try to race the people putting boats in when I’m hopping off the lake. If I can dock, get my trailer in the water and get boat loaded and out by myself before they get launched I call that a race won. I think I’ve got more wins than losses right now
                                This is me. Even when my wife is in the truck.

More often than not when my wife is behind the wheel she gets the omg a woman is backing up the trailer look. It usually takes a few seconds and half the crowd gets nervous cause they dont want to get out done by a chick

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X