OHIO Bound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OHIO Bound

Just got the official word today that I have a place to hunt in Ohio anytime I want to go. Just gonna cost me my hunting license and getting there. Can't make the rut this year, but will be headed there in january to try my luck on one of those Ohio giants. My amigo has about 5 different land tracks that are anywhere from 50-200 acres each within 10-20 minutes of his house. Alls I know is that he lives 45 minutes from Akron. Needless to say I am pumped up about this. Now to figure out how to pay for the plane ticket and hunting license.

Cool! Gotta love the midwest deer. Joshua Flourney (on here) lives in Ohio abnd has taken some dandy deer there.

Comment

Kool Will,go stick a yankee deer!

Comment

what part of Ohio? I have alot of kin folk up there still.

Comment

congrats!!!!!!

Comment

Good luck, Will. I can't wait to hoist a beer upon your return to celibrate an Ohio monster.

Comment

Hunted in that area the last two years and loved it. I wish I was going in about 2 weeks

Comment

Good luck, it should be a fun time. You better set aside some money in your budget to buy some very warm clothing, because January in northern Ohio is more than likely going to be very cold. I live in southeast Ohio and it is very cold here in January, and it's just that much colder in the northern part of the state. Expect temps in the range of 10-40 degrees.

Have fun!

Joshua

Comment

Already got the warm clothes. This year will probably be more of a scouting trip and I will definitly be there for a week during the rut next year. But who knows, may get lucky and have a bruiser walk in front of my stand.

Joshua,

Whats the best camo color for that time of year. I may be in a pop up, but will probably be in a lock on.

Comment

We'll be heading to Ohio around the third week of December. My wife graduates on the 15th of December and we will be heading back to help thin the herd a little. Both of our families live there, and her Dad has 440 acres in Southern Ohio, just begging to have some protein taken back to Texas!

Where 'bouts in Ohio, Josh?

Comment

I like to wear one of the brown/gray Predator patterns after the leaves have fallen. Usually that time of year I'm hunting in my Heater Body Suit, which is in Predator Brown Deception.

smitty, I live in Hocking County, and hunt this county and several others surrounding. What part of southern Ohio is your wife from?

Joshua

Comment

all of my family is from Lima Ohio.More west central part of the state.

My nephew is a game warden down around Cincinati.

Comment

Working...
                        X