No announcement yet.

Chainsaw chains - again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Oregon and have never had an issue with either.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Anyone try this brand? Seems to cheap to be true. Bar and 5 chains for $40 I was trying to find an Oregon bar/chain but all combos are low kickback.

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-S...-garden&sr=1-3
      It doesn't really matter which Oregon chain you get. The low kickback chains just have taller drags. Buy any chain and flat file some of the drags. It doesn't take much and don't do them all or your saw will bog in a big cut. And hold on tight

Comment

That first link isn't Oregon. It's a brand I've never heard of..But super cheap. 5 chains and a bar for $40
        (including shipping).

Comment

I always stick to Oregon or Stihl chains. Cheap stuff scares me spinning at that speed and would hate to see one come apart. Just make sure the sprocket on the saw matches what you are getting. If. It getting many chains, a dealer can cut you one and has different varieties on stock so you can get a few styles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is from myself that sells this stuff for a living.

1. If you don’t know your way around a saw pretty well; then stay away from aggressive chains. They don’t play around, and cutting a little slower is cheaper than an ER run.
            2. Buy a few chains so you can rotate them and keep sharp ones on hand, it’s easy enough to drop one or two dull ones off to be sharpened.
            3. If you look into carbide Chains, they will stay sharp a lot longer. They also cost 2-3 times more. Be sure someone in your area can sharpen them. Where I am at there is nobody within 60 miles to sharpen one. We have the machine; but the stone to use for carbide is $500. A lot of areas don’t have the demand.

Comment

Working...
            X