Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to everyone on some great bucks!

Comment

Nice bucks ladies, congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
        I saw this deer chasing a doe at about 250 yards Friday morning. They went out of sight over the hill. I picked up the rattling horns and banged then as hard as I could and a few minutes later he came running in looking for a fight. First year on this place and never hunted this area before. I’m pretty impressed with the body size on the deer. They are huge compared to where I hunted in Sonora. 21” inside spread. Stephens County.

Congratulations, really nice buck! Fun when them come looking for a fight after some rattling.

Comment

How’s the rut looking for everybody? Been a weird year for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Watched this guy run around for an hour in the field with his mud tires on! No wonder they lose all that weight rutting. No telling what he was doing the other 23?
            Attached Files

Comment

getting a workout for sure!

Comment

Sat in the rain last Saturday figuring it would stop any minute and never did, almost left and this guy shows at 5:30. Glad I waited it out, my first deer at my place since we bought it in summer of 2019. Jack County buck there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Very nice. Congratulations!

Comment

Great deer, guys! Congrats to everyone.

Comment

Nice deer #deerslayer. Our deer haven't moved much till right at dark either. Way to hang in there.

Comment

Yea, it’s rare to see a good one during daylight now. I have several that their alarm clock goes off at 7m and they disappear by 6:00 am.

Comment

Was thinking of making a sit tomorrow, but this wind has me second guessing. I know “can’t kill em from the couch” but I’m sure some of y’all know how married life goes when there’s stuff to do at the house.

Comment

Originally posted by nTxKilla View Post

Was thinking of making a sit tomorrow, but this wind has me second guessing. I know “can’t kill em from the couch” but I’m sure some of y’all know how married life goes when there’s stuff to do at the house.
                            In our area, if the deer didn't move when the wind blows they would be statues!
                            Get out there.

Comment

Had a great holiday break in Wichita County. Had a big 6 pt show up Monday afternoon and was able to catch him chasing a doe Thanksgiving morning. Then took my fiancé on her first duck hunts and she killed 3 ducks, then got my brother on his first redheads and my sister in law came out for her first duck hunt. Very thankful for the a thanksgiving break! Now I just need a Clay County buck!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X