Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Middle of North Texas Hunting Thread 4th Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, thump away!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Great buck Jeff!
      Congrats man.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Snoops 11 point didn’t show, but a couple pigs did.

All head shots...

I have a video or two if anyone knows how to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Snoop dawg was stackin em up like Crappie on a Christmas tree!
        Wadda go Snoop!

Comment

My grandson Michael was blessed to get him self a good un! Quick score was 154. The pictures do it no justice. We threw our backs out loading him in the mule. The hog came through about 10 minutes after the buck went down. Bad timing!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
            My grandson Michael was blessed to get him self a good un! Quick score was 154. The pictures do it no justice. We threw our backs out loading him in the mule. The hog came through about 10 minutes after the buck went down. Bad timing!

Heck of a deer! Congrats to the young man!

Comment

Ya buddy! What a deer, congrats Micheal!

Comment

Awesome deer, and congrats to your grandson. Been seeing deer but not the quality I’m after, however we are covered up in all sizes of pigs. Put about 15 down in the last 2 weekends. Group of pigs got in my compromised feeder pen and I made some pay with the AR15. Then the white and black pig stepped out Sunday morning and got shot in the neck with the RX-1 , ray charles coulda tracked him. Put another in him just to shut the lights out. Pics don’t do justice, he was a biggun.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DoveBlaster View Post
                  Then the white and black pig stepped out Sunday morning and got shot in the neck with the RX-1 , ray charles coulda tracked him. Put another in him just to shut the lights out. Pics don’t do justice, he was a biggun.

Interesting. Ive never thought of a neck shot on a pig with a big. I normally try behind the shoulder, but also try to distance myself from the armor plate. Have you done this much?

Comment

This was first neck shot with a bow and will be shooting them like this from now on. EZ pass through on a 200+ pound pig from 20 yards. Sooo much blood, way more than shooting them in vitals in my experience. I thwacked a sow last weekend and she ate the arrow up and ran off with little blood trail so I thought I might try something different and it worked out great. I try to shoot em in the head with AR and would like to shoot one in the head with my bow, I think it would make a cool euro.

Comment

Nice work Young Michael!! Tremendous buck.

Congrats on all on the swine kills. Thank you for your service.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                        Nice work Young Michael!! Tremendous buck.

Congrats on all on the swine kills. Thank you for your service.
                        We killed 30 on the lease this weekend...they are out of hand!

Comment

We killed 30 on the lease this weekend...they are out of hand!
                          Nice work. My son spined an about 8 lb piglet at 100 yds w/ his .243 Saturday night. The little piglet is destined to become pulled pork sandwiches after some time in a slow cooker.

Again, nice work on all the swine kills.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                            Nice work. My son spined an about 8 lb piglet at 100 yds w/ his .243 Saturday night. The little piglet is destined to become pulled pork sandwiches after some time in a slow cooker.

Again, nice work on all the swine kills.
                            My son shot those pictured above, plus another that got up and run off while I was reloading his mag. He wanted me to be sure and let the class know that the one that run off was the back one of 2 he had lined up, and that if I was quicker about finding more ammo, that he would surely have "ear holed" that one too! He really wanted the 11 point that he's after to show up....but he didn't hate shootin them pigs either.

Pigs are a ****ed nuisance, and a large problem....but there is no better practice for kiddos!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                              They’re starting to chase in Young County. I bet by next week they’ll be going good. Had some young guys already going pretty hard at it. I’m in the stand this AM and just had to doe haul azz across the power line with a buck right on her tail nose down the entire time.
                              Guess the switch was flipped since we talked. Cool

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My son shot those pictured above, plus another that got up and run off while I was reloading his mag. He wanted me to be sure and let the class know that the one that run off was the back one of 2 he had lined up, and that if I was quicker about finding more ammo, that he would surely have "ear holed" that one too! He really wanted the 11 point that he's after to show up....but he didn't hate shootin them pigs either.

Pigs are a ****ed nuisance, and a large problem....but there is no better practice for kiddos!
                                Patience on the 11 pt.

Take advantage of the opportunities you are given. Shooting pigs is a public service that cannot be underestimated.

Sounds like investing in a couple of additional magazines might be in order.

Comment

Working...
                                X