No announcement yet.

Home Depot - Chainsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If cheapo saw (which may be fine for minor work at home), use the ethanol free gas. expensive but 10% destroys saws and weed trimmers etc fast. I do believe the more expensive Stihl eg. handle 10% alc. better but even more reason to keep the alcohol away to protect the pricey saw. I trashed too many, tired of repairing. And the big box stores run the flimsy structure chains on most models so they flake pretty quick as well. Pro use or any heavy use, I would go to a Dealer. Tractor Supply may have some good in between options?

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
      Support the Mom and Pop shop.
      What he said.. Spend a little more and you get the service to follow it up as well, box stores don't care as soon as that money is in their hands.

Comment

First I go to the local dealer, glad to help the locals Vs big Corp. 2nd local dealer starts and makes sure it’s running correctly. But you need to do what you think is right. Not what everyone else does.Just getter done��

Comment

Originally posted by kenner27 View Post
          i dont know this for a fact, but i think your better off going to a specific dealer VS a big box store. I've been told different parts are put on the equipment when bulk pricing has to be met to sell to Home Depot, Lowe's Wal-mart etc.

I have learned this to be true the hard way

Comment

I bought a Stihl off of Ebay brand new with warranty and free shipping got it in about 4 days. Figure any Stihl dealer will service it.

Comment

I’d buy local small dealer if you can. Word of advice, if you are trimming trees I’d lean toward a smaller saw. I have a 20” Stihl 291 and you won’t want to hold it above your head for long. I plan to add a 14” for trimming and use the big boy for cutting firewood.

Comment

I appreciate the help! I'll gladly support the small mom and pop shops. I think there are a few around me that carry what I need..hopefully. Thanks again!

Comment

I have a mixture of items bought from dealers and then Home Depot.

If you want a Stihl of course you have to go to a dealer.

I’d just mention I bought an Echo CS-310 for $200 from HD ran tru fuel or similar and have been very happy with it.

For a larger saw Stihl have a good reputation, but for the smaller motors to me it seems the Echo are less picky on starting.

Comment

Originally posted by 999 View Post
                    I have a mixture of items bought from dealers and then Home Depot.

If you want a Stihl of course you have to go to a dealer.

I’d just mention I bought an Echo CS-310 for $200 from HD ran tru fuel or similar and have been very happy with it.

For a larger saw Stihl have a good reputation, but for the smaller motors to me it seems the Echo are less picky on starting.
                    That's the saw I was thinking about getting from them or the CS-352. Echo has the new CS-3510 that is taking over the 352, but doesn't seem that any one has the new saw yet.

Comment

Having been through probably 6 box store chain saws, then switching to a Stihl from a dealer about 8 years ago - no question. Go to a dealer. I have not had a problem with the Stihl.

Comment

Bought my Stihl a few weeks ago from a small dealer. Its also for homeowner general use. They offered me an extra year warranty if I bought a 4 pack of gas/oil mix for $30. That was good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X