2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
    No problem man. Yeah, I picked up on your Keeeel thread lol. You definitely been busy.

I made it to Grapeland today, a day later than I wanted, but was able to have a sit this evening. Only saw a couple doe's. Still not seeing deer on feeder pen camera, but I have one on a tractor trail that leads to it and have seen a lot of movement.

In fact, I am a very happy hunter right now. Seems your dog tracker guy in Grapeland was right and I was happy to see pictures of the buck I shot last month walking the trail just last night. I am going to try and get screenshot of the video because it looks like you can see the tip of my arrow pushing the skin of the opposite shoulder.

J
    Would love to see

Comment

Guess I should drop a couple of bb gun deer here.
      Attached Files

Comment

Later that same day
        Attached Files

Comment

Solid, framey 4 yr old 8 just worked through the river bottom. He will be one to look for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Short hunt this morning. Saw 4 bucks. Two big 8s I could have killed. Two does full in heat with tending bucks. Its happening.

Comment

Always said here the 9-11 are the beat of the best. With wife sick I didn’t even think about date... 2 biggest deer I got were both killable yesterday

Comment

Man it’s beautiful morning to be in the woods. I passed up a nice 4.5 year old 8 with good mass and long brow tines, but the rest of his tines are short. I’ve watched this deer for 2 years now and he's due for a growth spurt. Maybe next year...

I’ve always seen 5 does. I see them every hunt and they’re always together.

Comment

Yup, definitely a beautiful morning in the woods. I have a feeling it will not be this way around 2pm. Hahaha

I have seen three doe’s and a fawn spike that was following one of them. She is getting close because she kept kicking the fawn away. They are definitely hitting the acorns right now. None of them went into the feeder pen and barely ate on the corn soybean mix I poured on the trail near me. I don’t think this years crop is as large as last years though.

I am hoping the bucks are moving this evening. Good luck all.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                    Yup, definitely a beautiful morning in the woods. I have a feeling it will not be this way around 2pm. Hahaha

I have seen three doe’s and a fawn spike that was following one of them. She is getting close because she kept kicking the fawn away. They are definitely hitting the acorns right now. None of them went into the feeder pen and barely ate on the corn soybean mix I poured on the trail near me. I don’t think this years crop is as large as last years though.

I am hoping the bucks are moving this evening. Good luck all.

J
                    Hahahaha Shoot it’s already getting hot. I’m facing south and the sun is beating me pretty good now. Bout to get down and head to work.

I’m in a leanto next to an SMZ and have heard very few acorns falling. I know for a fact we didn’t have much of a crop this year at all. Probably explains too why the freaking pigs are so bothersome.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      Hahahaha Shoot it’s already getting hot. I’m facing south and the sun is beating me pretty good now. Bout to get down and head to work.

I’m in a leanto next to an SMZ and have heard very few acorns falling. I know for a fact we didn’t have much of a crop this year at all. Probably explains too why the freaking pigs are so bothersome.

100% what I’m seeing. I’m being extra picky on 2 properties because I know how good late season hunts are with no acorns.

Comment

Two years ago today! Was a crazy hunt and tons of bucks on a hot doe, me an Tshelly had to load him while they were still beat down the brush to get her.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

Two years ago today! Was a crazy hunt and tons of bucks on a hot doe, me an Tshelly had to load him while they were still beat down the brush to get her.

Lol we’re stumbling through chest high grass trying to find him. 3 bucks blow up at 30 yards right behind the doe. That was a wild day for sure

Comment

If yall got acorns I'd be on em, I been all over tyler, angelina, San augustine county public and private and found zero acorns.
                            Some of these places its a carpet of acorns every year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Found out I got 3 more hunters on neighboring 40 acres. Lol.

Comment

Sorry if the pics are large. Tapatalk wouldn’t let me choose an option for uploading. Thoughts on score?

I’ve seen in him person twice. Once about 30-40 yards through some tree limbs. He got hung up and wouldn’t come in. The other was 150-200 yards in low light conditions.

Hoping I get the first crack at him. Neighbors hunt the property line which is about 350 yards from where I’m hunting. Plus several other neighbors around. He’s been a semi regular and last seen on camera two days ago. Mostly 30 mins to 3 hours before shooting light in the AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X