No announcement yet.

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen a doe and nubbin so far, I was hoping it was a doe and doe fawn so the fawn would come in heat later in the season. A buddy from worked has missed 2 times already. Apparently he should've went to the range with us yesterday.

Comment

Lola had 3 doe come in yesterday evening. Nothing followed
      Attached Files

Comment

Hunted from Friday-Tuesday. Newton County

Bucks not tending does (at least in the daylight) Scrapes getting worked again. Doe are able to eat at feeders without getting hounded (according to lease members) Should pop back off in the next 10 days.

Wide 8 I had on camera got killed a few miles away. 36ish" of mass.

Comment

I’m hoping to get on another buck in December. I’m working 2-3 week solid right now. I know they will be scrounging for food before long

Comment

“Main Event” had been under my stand ALL MORNING LONG!.... my wife has officially got the Rona... so I’m on daddy daycare.

He was at Lola’s stand over 2 miles away again last Friday night. Today is first I’ve seen him since October 30... he travels too much. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
              Very cool. Good luck.

Are you seeing the same movement at your place or has it gone down the last week?

J
              Late answering your question. I'm sure you saw I was in deer all day yesterday. Saw 9 bucks monday and 9 more Tuesday.

Comment

Should be lots of bucks down today....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The 8 from last year I watched FINALLY came back today! He’s NICE! I’d probably not turn him down. Had a broke brow opening day last year @ 4.5.

This morning would have been good indeed

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    I spent 20 hrs in the woods this weekend and didn't see one single deer. Last weekend I saw tons. My youngest daughter did finally get her first deer though while sitting with my wife. She was super excited.

[ATTACH]1027189[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1027190[/ATTACH]
                    Congrats to her Josh! Glad to see that mule in the pic still hauling dead critters

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Late answering your question. I'm sure you saw I was in deer all day yesterday. Saw 9 bucks monday and 9 more Tuesday.
                      No problem man. Yeah, I picked up on your Keeeel thread lol. You definitely been busy.

I made it to Grapeland today, a day later than I wanted, but was able to have a sit this evening. Only saw a couple doe's. Still not seeing deer on feeder pen camera, but I have one on a tractor trail that leads to it and have seen a lot of movement.

In fact, I am a very happy hunter right now. Seems your dog tracker guy in Grapeland was right and I was happy to see pictures of the buck I shot last month walking the trail just last night. I am going to try and get screenshot of the video because it looks like you can see the tip of my arrow pushing the skin of the opposite shoulder.

J

Comment

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

We hunted liberty county all weekend. We had a spike killed and two trophy’s shot with no recovery. Brought dog in on one and it chased deer 2.2 miles. Dog owner said deer should be fine.

We had a member kill a monster pig I had my son stand by it for reference. We have killed 20 pigs the last 2 weekends.

Last edited by manwitaplan; 11-11-2020, 08:23 PM.

Comment

That is a BIG PIG! Takes up the whole screen

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                            That is a BIG PIG! Takes up the whole screen
                            LOL! I think I fixed it. learned something new. On tapatalk it looks normal so i edited to small on tapatalk and it looks normal on PC

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                              LOL! I think I fixed it. learned something new. On tapatalk it looks normal so i edited to small on tapatalk and it looks normal on PC
                              Thank you sir. I was looking at it on my laptop and I could not do it. Lol

You might need to share that wisdom in a new thread of its own. Seems to be an often issue.

J

Comment

... and now “Main Event” is at the neighbors feeder. First he’s ever seen him. Good gracious he roams a lot. Every year he’s consistent till November then everywhere until late December early January. Then he’s very killable if there’s any season left, and if he’s still alive. He’s already been shot once 3 years ago by another neighbors wife

Comment

Working...
                                X