No announcement yet.

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunted Davy Crockett all weekend and had a couple of good hunts. It was packed!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I spent 20 hrs in the woods this weekend and didn't see one single deer. Last weekend I saw tons. My youngest daughter did finally get her first deer though while sitting with my wife. She was super excited.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201108-213332_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	24637157

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201108-213347_Gallery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	520.7 KB
ID:	24637158

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
        She gave a sacrificial spike a pass @ 40 yards. lol
        What kind of shooting stand is she using?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by silentstalker92 View Post
          What kind of shooting stand is she using?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
          Caldwell field pod

Best money I ever spent

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
            I spent 20 hrs in the woods this weekend and didn't see one single deer. Last weekend I saw tons. My youngest daughter did finally get her first deer though while sitting with my wife. She was super excited.

[ATTACH]1027189[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1027190[/ATTACH]
            Congrats to your daughter. Looks like a healthy doe.

I have somewhat been seeing, or not seeing what you are. I put up a cell camera for the first time this year and had activity at my pen feeder everyday in September and all of October. Since I put an arrow through a doe on Oct 29, I got a couple pictures the following two days and then absolutely nothing since.

I suppose it has been peak rut since that day and now I should be changing my approach to be watching trails and scrapes? Would I be more likely to see them just roaming around?

J

Comment

A few met their final fate this weekend on our place in Angelina County chasing does.

Comment

Been tough sitting on the sidelines this weekend! Just keep telling myself 2 more days of work then 14 off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  A few met their final fate this weekend on our place in Angelina County chasing does.
                  In for pics.

J

Comment

My dad killed a stud main-frame 7 point on Saturday about an hour into the season. I got run out of 2 blinds that were full of wasps before I finally ended up getting situated 15 minutes after LST.

As it turns out we have trail cam pictures of the buck my dad killed from 2018 when he was a really nice up and coming 3.5 year old, so it just goes to show what giving them time to grow up will do.

I have identified a buck that I want to kill, and he's been regular up until about 3 days before the season opened, so I'm sure he's out running around and will come back soon enough.

On a side note, how is it that we had such great weather the last couple of weeks of October and now that the general season is opened it's warm and muggy (i.e. crappy)??

Comment

Missed a doe on Saturday in my only hunt for the first couple of weeks. Not real sure what happened, think I may have bumped my scope and threw it off as it was zeroed in two weeks ago. Good news is I can't go again until the 21st so it will get 2 weeks to cool off and hopefully they come back. Try to get back to the range soon to figure it out

Comment

Saw 9 bucks this evening. Was crazy. Had an ancient 8 in that I have tons of history with. I really wanted to shoot him..probably low 30s. I have much bigger deer around but I might hgv t shoot him if he comes back tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          Saw 9 bucks this evening. Was crazy. Had an ancient 8 in that I have tons of history with. I really wanted to shoot him..probably low 30s. I have much bigger deer around but I might hgv t shoot him if he comes back tomorrow.
                          Very cool. Good luck.

Are you seeing the same movement at your place or has it gone down the last week?

J

Comment

Our place in Trinity Co has been slow for about a week. Just a few yearlings running around. Bucks and older does completely vanished.

Spotted a brute of a buck right by the house north of Huntsville this morning dogging a doe in the hay pasture. Got a quick pic but its blurry with dirty windows..... and hes got a droptine on his right side that is not visible in the pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hoping things pick up this weekend. Plan on hunting my lucky spot from last year. We’ll see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been in the stand in hardin county since daylight and nothin movin yet

Comment

Working...
                                X