• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my targets got the business this am chasin a doe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
      That's what I wanted to hear. Just got the trailer loaded and fixing to head to Grapeland.
      Nice. I definitely wanted to hear that too.

I am in Comfort now for a doe harvest and plan on being in Grapeland on Monday to hunt the week out. All the so called “forecasts” are saying next week and into the weekend should be amazing. Lol We shall see.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
        Nice. I definitely wanted to hear that too.

I am in Comfort now for a doe harvest and plan on being in Grapeland on Monday to hunt the week out. All the so called “forecasts” are saying next week and into the weekend should be amazing. Lol We shall see.

J
        Good luck! I'll only be in Grapeland for this weekend. I think this weekend into next week ought to be awesome. We are heading up to Throckmorton next Thursday to hunt a few days on the Clear Fork of the Brazos. Their rut is usually a little later up there in North Tx.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          1 o’clock in the afternoon, **** near 80° outside, and I just saw a nice buck on 19 north of Huntsville with his nose to the ground
          I wasn't far behind you I came through there about 130.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            One of my targets got the business this am chasin a doe

And......?

Wife and kiddo headed out about an hour ago. I'm stuck on the sidelines this weekend

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My good buddy shot this one on our lease in Pineland last week! Rough scored 141!

Comment

That's a really nice buck. Congrats to your bud.

Comment

Getting word already that a few big deer have been on the receiving end of a rifle this morning. Holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
                    Getting word already that a few big deer have been on the receiving end of a rifle this morning. Holding my breath.
                    Me too!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      And......?

Wife and kiddo headed out about an hour ago. I'm stuck on the sidelines this weekend

Comment

Awesome Deer! Congrats!

Comment

That'll work!

Comment

Congrats the successful hunters! I hunted til 11:30 and didn't see nothing. Neither did my brother-n-law.

Comment

Tough hunting at our Rusk Co place. I had a lone doe eat corn for 30 mins and no buck came and checked her. My dad saw 2 groups of doe and no bucks. So I know the rut is going but I don’t think our does have kicked in yet, so judging by camera pics the bucks have left to go look for the hot does. Hopefully will turn on this week and our targets don’t get whacked in the meantime!

Comment

Well, I didn't hunt, but I did go move my stand and feeder and got a couple feeders ready to fill... First trip to my place down in Southern Liberty county... checked a couple old trails around a marsh that I hunt and yep, they're tore up with big scrapes and rub lines... Hadn't really even thought about deer hunting there, mostly just shoot hogs there because I have my place in South Texas, but sure do like to hunt these East Texas woods... We're MLD down South Texas, so I sort of got a "freebie" tag on my license... Hmmmmm... Gonna go back tomorrow after church and fill the feeders and put out a couple cameras... Couple years ago, I had a couple genuine toads working the area I hunt that are worthy of trophy status... Guess I'll see what happens...

Comment

Working...
                                X