X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on his first archery deer. That’s one to always remember

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      My son finally gave in on shooting a doe as a first archery deer last night. He never did see that buck I saw yesterday.

I ended up seeing 5 different bucks and 3 does. The bucks were alone and just grazed thru the woods.

Exactly 9 years to the day he killed his first deer ever and last night he shoots first archery deer

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      If you wife ever gets that cataract fixed.....

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
        I came in late since we had a full moon last night. Snuck to tree about 9:30, hoping for the right wind. Had 2 doe at about 10, but the low wind was still carrying scent uphill. They left.

So far nothing else. I expect to see some chasing going on. No real great targets this year, but the rut brings in strangers all the time.

Come on Cass County bucks... there's girlfriends to be researched.

.....and God Bless America.

I’ve seen two dead bucks on the side of u.s 59 between Atlanta and Texarkana. Filled my cass county tag a few days ago and gonna go see what’s happening in Bowie here in a few days. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
          If you wife ever gets that cataract fixed.....
          I can expect a referral from yours?

[emoji23]

Comment

Looks like it’s been a productive weekend thus far in good ole East Texas.

Congrats on all the harvests and sightings

Comment

Lots of activity here in Madison county this morning. Got a small spike running does back and forth. Keeping us entertained.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                I can expect a referral from yours?

[emoji23]

Ha! Sure thing!

Comment

Bow only is coming to a close and our neighbor (hunting club) has a shooting lane just on the other side of our property line. I fear my chase will soon come to a close unless a miracle happens.
                  I’m on two great bucks that have been in regularly (to my feeder of all places) the last few days, both morning and evening. Both 10 pts with split brows. I really can’t tell age very well, but both would be my best archery deer. Yesterday afternoon, my wind swirled and the older wide 10 busted me at 45 yds. I was sick to my stomach.

My main issue is access to the set. My gut tells me they are bedding very close. Both sides of the open area are thickets and the only way in is straight from the south and they can see me coming from a long way out.

Other than that, hogs have moved in and i killed 3 in the last two sits.

I’m open to any ideas. Been hunting this property for 5 years now. Im stumped

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                    Bow only is coming to a close and our neighbor (hunting club) has a shooting lane just on the other side of our property line. I fear my chase will soon come to a close unless a miracle happens.
                    I’m on two great bucks that have been in regularly (to my feeder of all places) the last few days, both morning and evening. Both 10 pts with split brows. I really can’t tell age very well, but both would be my best archery deer. Yesterday afternoon, my wind swirled and the older wide 10 busted me at 45 yds. I was sick to my stomach.

My main issue is access to the set. My gut tells me they are bedding very close. Both sides of the open area are thickets and the only way in is straight from the south and they can see me coming from a long way out.

Other than that, hogs have moved in and i killed 3 in the last two sits.

I’m open to any ideas. Been hunting this property for 5 years now. Im stumped

Maybe have someone drop you off from a vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                      Maybe have someone drop you off from a vehicle?

Its a small property with no trail system. I actually walk from the landowners house up the county road. It used to be a hay meadow, but now its kinda growing up.

From my experience, they absolutely wig out at the sight of a vehicle. I used to park in the front until i realized they were seeing/smelling something they knew was wrong.

We have had problems with poachers, thieves, and up to no good grandkids/friends of the landowner. He has put a stop to that and a thief was apprehended on the neighboring lease. Its been better this year with sightings, pictures, and overall activity. Its just not an ideal layout to get in close and sneak out undetected.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                        Its a small property with no trail system. I actually walk from the landowners house up the county road. It used to be a hay meadow, but now its kinda growing up.

From my experience, they absolutely wig out at the sight of a vehicle. I used to park in the front until i realized they were seeing/smelling something they knew was wrong.

We have had problems with poachers, thieves, and up to no good grandkids/friends of the landowner. He has put a stop to that and a thief was apprehended on the neighboring lease. Its been better this year with sightings, pictures, and overall activity. Its just not an ideal layout to get in close and sneak out undetected.

Gotcha. I like park a long way from my stand as well and don’t drive up to it very often but wasn’t sure of your situation. Sometimes if they are used to seeing vehicles, you can fool them into thinking you’ve left by having someone drop you off.

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                          Gotcha. I like park a long way from my stand as well and don’t drive up to it very often but wasn’t sure of your situation. Sometimes if they are used to seeing vehicles, you can fool them into thinking you’ve left by having someone drop you off.

Yeah, i was able to do that once with my wife on her best buck at our old farm in Walker county.
                          This place is no longer used for hay when it switched hands from one owner to another and the hogs tore it up. Its very very rough driving in. The hog damage is why its growing up and the only way i can get in to refill feeder. Its a good 1000 yd walk from the house.

Comment

Lots of movement this morning. Bucks are cruising. I got down to eat and will go back out at noon and stay til dark. I did stick a good size pig at 6:15am this morning with my bow at 25yds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201101-110820_Gallery.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	777.5 KB
ID:	24636723

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201101-110836_Gallery.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	713.0 KB
ID:	24636724

Comment

Good job Pineywoods. That porker had a decent set of choppers on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm not as far east as some of you guys but I still havent seen hardly any rut activity. In the last week I had a mock scraped get freshened up but that is the only thing I have seen. I'm in van zandt county.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X