X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    I knew to bring my machine gun. Big boar cruised by at 30

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I'm changing things up today . I'm hunting a spot with wind perfect. I have three deer coming here that I would shoot. Get lots of day pics of them. I am seeing a ton of deer but the big boys just arent coming while I'm in the stand.

One clear pattern. The biggest of the group is most regular the day I corn. I'm putting out 150lb every three days here. That tells me he is laying close enough to moniter when my truck comes and goes.

This evening I drove right in. Banged the tailgate and corned loudly. Then I drove out his my truck and ran back to the blind. Let's see what happens. Great evening to be alive.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      I'm changing things up today . I'm hunting a spot with wind perfect. I have three deer coming here that I would shoot. Get lots of day pics of them. I am seeing a ton of deer but the big boys just arent coming while I'm in the stand.

One clear pattern. The biggest of the group is most regular the day I corn. I'm putting out 150lb every three days here. That tells me he is laying close enough to moniter when my truck comes and goes.

This evening I drove right in. Banged the tailgate and corned loudly. Then I drove out his my truck and ran back to the blind. Let's see what happens. Great evening to be alive.
      Literal bait and switch

Comment

That's what there used to. I might have passed a deer that I shouldn't have. Different set this afternoon. Oh a doe in the BFO

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Had my first sit of the year this morning. Went to a new setup and got shutout. Beautiful morning, though. Checked the cams after and had this cool new buck bumping a doe around this new setup yesterday morning. Always a day late and a dollar short!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aggiehunter3 View Post
            Had my first sit of the year this morning. Went to a new setup and got shutout. Beautiful morning, though. Checked the cams after and had this cool new buck bumping a doe around this new setup yesterday morning. Always a day late and a dollar short!

That’s a stud

Comment

Welp, sometimes ya gotta just let one go. Even if he was at 15 yards and clueless

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Welp, sometimes ya gotta just let one go. Even if he was at 15 yards and clueless

I hope you let an arrow go. That looks like a good one.

Comment

Bump 9 8 year old

Comment

Saw a young 10 point about 10:00 this morning but he wasn’t the one I’m after.

Now that bow season is drawing to an end and I can’t stop the rifle hunters from entering the woods... I’ll share a couple pics of the one I’ve been after.

The wind was 100% perfect for the spot this evening but it has to be that wind direction in the AM for me to hunt the spot because of a scent/thermal issue. Kills me not being in the spot this evening because I know he’s going to walk right by my camera but if I would’ve forced the hunt he would’ve smelled me long before he got to me.

Currently hunting another spot looking for a 20ish inch wide 8 point that only shows up here with this wind direction.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ccallarman; 10-31-2020, 04:46 PM.

Comment

I hope you let an arrow go. That looks like a good one.
                      Nope. Shot pic only. Same deer I posted a few weeks ago that my son is after. He's better in person by far

Comment

Lola and I have seen 2 bucks in first 17 minutes. Grabbed card on way in a a STUD has been here last 2 days. 3:30pm yesterday!

Comment

I can see he is a shooter. One big skillet head here so far but its feeling right.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                            Bump 9 8 year old

Lots of mass on that dude.

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
                              Saw a young 10 point about 10:00 this morning but he wasn’t the one I’m after.

Now that bow season is drawing to an end and I can’t stop the rifle hunters from entering the woods... I’ll share a couple pics of the one I’ve been after.

The wind was 100% perfect for the spot this evening but it has to be that wind direction in the AM for me to hunt the spot because of a scent/thermal issue. Kills me not being in the spot this evening because I know he’s going to walk right by my camera but if I would’ve forced the hunt he would’ve smelled me long before he got to me.

Currently hunting another spot looking for a 20ish inch wide 8 point that only shows up here with this wind direction.
                              Beautiful deer

Comment

Lola spotted one! It finally came in. 4pt. That’s 3 in an hour

Comment

Working...
                                X