Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Reveal has shown the deer moving all day long, I’ve had deer filtering through the past few days just about every hour of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I'm hunting for a unicorn

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
        I got on this deer lease 5 years ago, I started managing it four years ago. With a lot of hard work and some awesome members that are willing to let deer get old, I killed a really good deer yesterday. we have a lot of history with this particular deer, last year we thought he was six years old and scored around 160. We decided to give him one more year to see what he would do. I've been hunting this deer since October 1st, he was 7 years old scored 171 3/8 weighed 205.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
        Dang it son!!! Hell of a deer amigo! Wow!

Comment

[QUOTE=Pernell;15210247]I got on this deer lease 5 years ago, I started managing it four years ago. With a lot of hard work and some awesome members that are willing to let deer get old, I killed a really good deer yesterday. we have a lot of history with this particular deer, last year we thought he was six years old and scored around 160. We decided to give him one more year to see what he would do. I've been hunting this deer since October 1st, he was 7 years old scored 171 3/8 weighed 205.

Very nice buck. Congratulations! Y'all are doing a good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
            I got on this deer lease 5 years ago, I started managing it four years ago. With a lot of hard work and some awesome members that are willing to let deer get old, I killed a really good deer yesterday. we have a lot of history with this particular deer, last year we thought he was six years old and scored around 160. We decided to give him one more year to see what he would do.

Well in case Pat didn't pass on my congratulations yet, CONGRATULATIONS sir on a genuine East Texas Giant!! Trouble is now, the gig is up! NOW folks gonna think there really are deer in East Texas!! Or maybe y'all found a south Texas place what's got pine trees??!!

Oh yea, and I'm glad you didn't get him the first day you hunted him... We'd a have to locked you up!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Well in case Pat didn't pass on my congratulations yet, CONGRATULATIONS sir on a genuine East Texas Giant!! Trouble is now, the gig is up! NOW folks gonna think there really are deer in East Texas!! Or maybe y'all found a south Texas place what's got pine trees??!!

Oh yea, and I'm glad you didn't get him the first day you hunted him... We'd a have to locked you up!!
              I do have to say I have seen some darn bigun's taken so far in E. Texas.

Really good to see how things are shaping this year.

Congrats to all.

J

Comment

The cams I pulled yesterday shows more of our bucks showing up back home. Still one missing though but I haven't tried too hard locating him specifically. Had hogs 2 times yesterday come in from downwind.neither time did they blow out of there they just slowly feed around me. Also I saw all my deer yesterday afternoon. But I was in a real tight opening so who knows they could've been everywhere.

Comment

I was in a tree from 6:25am-11:30am yesterday, cimbed down to go eat and got back in the tree from 12:45pm-dark. I saw no deer, only hogs. This has been one the worst seasons for deer sightings on our place in Houston County in the 17 years I have been hunting here. I went to the other side of the property this morning to better suit the wind change and I saw one 2.5 yr old 8pt at 9:45am. That's it so far. I'm gonna stay here until about Noon and go grab a bite. I'll probably go back out about 2:30pm.

Edit: Just saw 5 does about 60-70yds out upwind.
                  Last edited by Pineywoods; 10-31-2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I came in late since we had a full moon last night. Snuck to tree about 9:30, hoping for the right wind. Had 2 doe at about 10, but the low wind was still carrying scent uphill. They left.

So far nothing else. I expect to see some chasing going on. No real great targets this year, but the rut brings in strangers all the time.

Come on Cass County bucks... there's girlfriends to be researched.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Saw deer moving off and on all morning. Had 2 young bucks tickling antlers around 7:30. Finally got down around 10:45 and just moved to another setup I haven’t hunted yet this season.

Comment

First morning hunt of the season in East Texas! Seen a spike at 9:00 and a 6pt at 9:40.

Main Event was there at 12:02am.... and he appears to have gained 60 pounds this week!

Comment

Bucks were moving in the NF since Wednesday. Just couldn’t set up on’em right. Lot of sign, tons of acorns. Think everyone found a girlfriend and kept locked down.

Comment

I knew to bring my machine gun. Big boar cruised by at 30

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

After a crappy 2.5 days of hunting and seeing not much but hogs, I checked some cams I’d put out in some areas I thought might have some potential. Lo and behold I have seen enough to know that I need to change my set up and get off the feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                After a crappy 2.5 days of hunting and seeing not much but hogs, I checked some cams I’d put out in some areas I thought might have some potential. Lo and behold I have seen enough to know that I need to change my set up and get off the feeders.

Yep. My feeder activity disappeared 3 weeks ago. Had to move. It helped.

Comment

Working...
                                X