Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Code Red doe pee/estrous.

I also “wash” my clothes in a sealed container with a knock-off ozonics unit.

Comment

I prefer to pour gas in the generator before heading out.

Not really. But I definitely gave up on covering my scent beyond using scent free soap and detergents. If a deer gets down wind, they will smell you unless the thermals and wind currents work in your favor. Not knocking the other guys, but that is my experience. Granted I'm not hunting private so if I blow an area, I can always go else where.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        Man you might want to get on the dog list thread and find another one . Your deer should be dead but even if not dead he surely has a broken shoulder . High recovery odds for a good dog.
        Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
        Yep. Call Dustin Muchado. I've used him in Grapeland before and he has some great dogs and is a great guy. He has a very high success rate. If you call him, explain how it went down and show him that pic, he will be extremely honest with you about your odds.

Dustin Machado
        Price-250.00
        713-412-0950
        Well ****. I did a 3 hour hike through the brush and rain this morning but did not find him. I am just crushed. Have had a sick feeling all day.

I did try Dustin but he referred me to another gentlemen who is closer. He said with the rain and shoulder hit it probably wouldn't be located.

I heard back from Garguy's contact and after he looked at the pictures and the description I gave of the shot he thinks he will live. He is thinking the blood is from shoulder meat. Somewhat good news and hoping this is the case.

J

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
          Well ****. I did a 3 hour hike through the brush and rain this morning but did not find him. I am just crushed. Have had a sick feeling all day.

I did try Dustin but he referred me to another gentlemen who is closer. He said with the rain and shoulder hit it probably wouldn't be located.

I heard back from Garguy's contact and after he looked at the pictures and the description I gave of the shot he thinks he will live. He is thinking the blood is from shoulder meat. Somewhat good news and hoping this is the case.

J
          Man I hate that for you. Sadly, most hunters find themselves in your shoes sooner or later. Dustin is not a guy who will waste your money just because someone wants him to look. He will be brutally honest with you about what he thinks. I sure hope he survives. I had a very similar looking arrow and blood a few years back and got told the same thing. The deer turned back up on camera a week later. I know how you feel right now.

Comment

I've had deer and pigs moving all day especially since 10 am until now on covert

Comment

Lot of deer on their feet right now [emoji1374]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also found a buck with his head cut off at our gate, must of been a roamer because nobody's cutting the head off a local buck of ours

Comment

sounding busy out there, good luck to you lucky ones.
                  To bad for your goings JHuntaLot

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post

J
                    I'm sorry to hear that man. Back when I had dogs I loved a broken shoulder. I was pretty much 100 percent on baying them..

Comment

Good luck gents. I'm tucked into an oak tree at a 4 way logging road with a little golden estrous out around me. Rain just quit, luckily I'm not soaked to the bone and had a dry vest in my pack.Click image for larger version

Name:	20201028_162121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	24636440

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I been on pretty much all day. Johnny and his son are in now near me. Also justin southern camo not far away. We are all hunting stand with bonafide shooters. Might be blood shed before dark.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                          I been on pretty much all day. Johnny and his son are in now near me. Also justin southern camo not far away. We are all hunting stand with bonafide shooters. Might be blood shed before dark.
                          If I was a deer in that area Id get into a fox hole!!!

I guess Im gonna make one more day of work and blast up that way thursday evening to make 2 solid days of tree sitting. I have no intention of shooting a buck but Id sure like to see them doing their thing

Comment

Good luck to all you lucky suckers!! I'm sitting here staring out my office window wishin'....

Comment

In a tree getting rained on. Crossed paths with 3 does on the way in. Too thick to shoot or I may have sent an arrow. Hoping this rain lets up a little bit more and the deer really get moving

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                                In a tree getting rained on. Crossed paths with 3 does on the way in. Too thick to shoot or I may have sent an arrow. Hoping this rain lets up a little bit more and the deer really get moving

50 degrees, rainy, in a tree with a stiff north wind can be the coldest place on the planet!! Been a long time since I've been that mad at 'em!!
                                Good luck I hope you shootabiggun!

Comment

Working...
                                X