No announcement yet.

2020/2021 east texas hunting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are yall's thoughts about putting up feed pens now? Too late in the game this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      What are yall's thoughts about putting up feed pens now? Too late in the game this season?
      If you are asking I am guessing it's because the pigs are already ruining your season.. I did it last yr in Sept, best move I have made. Unless you can get your hands on a cell trap pen is best option. Deer took 2-3 days to jump in, I would do it.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Things should get real interesting starting Sunday afternoon all next week I’ll be locked in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Killer stretch of weather for pretty much all of next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

Everyone’s been put on notice I’ll be MIA [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
            I am in. I will be driving out to Houston county Monday to see if a few day can be productive.

J

Comment

First evening sit of the year in cass. Hoping a pig or deer slips through

Comment

Had several good bucks on their feet today. One that I haven’t seen in over a week. Come on Friday!

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                  If you are asking I am guessing it's because the pigs are already ruining your season.. I did it last yr in Sept, best move I have made. Unless you can get your hands on a cell trap pen is best option. Deer took 2-3 days to jump in, I would do it.
                  You are correct in your assumption. I appreciate the insight.

Comment

I'm off for 3 weeks straight starting this Saturday. Can not wait!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading to Martins Mill this weekend to throw out some fertilizer on the food plot, check cameras and do a last check on stands before the gun opener in a couple weeks. Have a few doe that are patterned for now that I'm hoping to get a crack at during the doe days. Don't have a buck that I'm after there this year though. My first year to hunt the area hard and from what I can tell so far the doe outnumber the bucks by a large margin and most bucks are real young.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                        I just put one up today, I've had hogs in the past but never been a problem.
                        This year I have pics of em running deer off and I'm seeing very few deer compared to year's past.
                        We will see if it helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

good luck BarW, you will be pleased with your results.

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
                            I just put one up today, I've had hogs in the past but never been a problem.
                            This year I have pics of em running deer off and I'm seeing very few deer compared to year's past.
                            We will see if it helps.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                            You should be good. Probably be deer in there this afternoon. If anything rifle season will be saved.

Going to be really glad you did it.

J

Comment

It’s a bit windy but I’m going to make a sit this evening. Can’t tag one from the couch.

Comment

I have been I stand since 250. Covered in deer since 3. Already had a shooter chase a doe out of my pen. I have hunted morning evening or both every day since season opener withcthd exception of 2 days. I am still 100 percent on seeing a buck every sit.

Comment

Working...
                                X