Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
    Very slow for us this morning in trinity county
    Finally saw a deer at 830. Near certain it was a buck by the movement. Someone who doesn't hunt this spot would have never seen him.

Wife says she has a shooter 8 behind her eating acorns. If he feeds away hes gone, if he feeds toward the creek he'll be at 15 yards

Little up and comer came by
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Quackerbox; 10-17-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

This morning, as I was spreading my hand corn on my yardages/spots I want to shoot to, there was a massive fight about 100 yards from me. Loudest & most intense thing I’ve ever heard.

I’ve seen some play fights up close and personal, I’ve seen some pecking order determination fights up close and personal & I’ve seen some knock-down, drag-out fights up close and personal and not a single one even came close to what I heard this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
        This morning, as I was spreading my hand corn on my yardages/spots I want to shoot to, there was a massive fight about 100 yards from me. Loudest & most intense thing I’ve ever heard.

I’ve seen some play fights up close and personal, I’ve seen some pecking order determination fights up close and personal & I’ve seen some knock-down, drag-out fights up close and personal and not a single one even came close to what I heard this morning.
        I bet that got your blood pumping!

Comment

Indeed it did. The mosquitoes must have got an alert of my blood pumping because they found me quick. Now that the wind is blowing they have gone elsewhere thankfully.

Just had a 4 point come by and visit. Same 4 point that had been running mates with the buck I’m after. We’ll see what happens. All intentions to sit until the last possible second to make it back to the house in time for game 7

Comment

Nice buck butcher! Crows is all I got. Spooked something from the hand corn pen as I was getting set in the dark. They seemed to be on there feet last night around 4-5. Seen a few on the drive.

Comment

Going to feed the babies. I hope I'm not overloaded only 80 bags

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh I forgot. It's no tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  Oh I forgot. It's no tundra

Careful people may get feelings hurt. Haha
                  That chevy looks to handle 80 bags like a champ.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been incredibly slow morning in Madison county. Disappointing to say the least. Feel like the deer have just disappeared. Me thinks acorns are the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw 15 deer from 7am-9:30
                      Shooter didn’t show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post

What county are you in

Comment

Originally posted by the-butcher View Post
                          Had success in montgomery county this afternoon. He was following a doe close, wouldn't let her get out of his sight.

That's a nice one. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                            Been incredibly slow morning in Madison county. Disappointing to say the least. Feel like the deer have just disappeared. Me thinks acorns are the culprit.

Change of luck. My suspicions were correct. Deer started moving around 11 am feeding on acorns in thicket.

Going to give it a bit before I take up the trail on a doe.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                              What county are you in

Jasper

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                                Change of luck. My suspicions were correct. Deer started moving around 11 am feeding on acorns in thicket.

Going to give it a bit before I take up the trail on a doe.

Good luck on recovery

Comment

Working...
                                X