• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    In Katy?
    At the ranch in Camp Wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
      LOL....I still have that beltbuckle!
      Maybe this is a money making opportunity in disguise. Just need epoxy resin and molds. Bet some on here would buy a scorpion keychain or belt buckle if priced decent.

Comment

Tempo SC will kill the **** out of them. If I find one it's already dead.

Comment

I have a bumper crop of scorpions this year as well. Demon WP outside and Bengal on the inside baseboards is how i deal with them.

Comment

Onslaught Fast Cap inside and out. Spray the eves and window seals too. Very likely that are getting in through your eves and are in your attic. Also need to fog your attic!

Comment

Originally posted by Kanda View Post
              I place the sticky mouse traps behind the toilets and under dressers. You would not believe the scorpions and other random bugs they catch. Luckily we have never been stung by any.
              this the glue taps work wonders on all kind of stuff, including snakes!

Comment

Thanks guys .

Comment

1st year we lived in our house we had the same issue. My son got stung twice in his bed while sleeping. I woke up and found them in my bed more than once as well. We had them get trapped in our ceiling light fixtures where they would die. I used to have video of them crawling around the light globe trying to find a way out. The previous owner and builder of the home had piled old dead trees/limbs in piles around the perimeter of the yard from when he cleared the spot for the foundation of the house. It had been there for 5 years rotting. There were tons of scorpions and these living in that crap. First thing I did when we moved in was burn all of it. Mistake I made was I relocated it a little at a time to a burn pit. I should have either sprayed it all first or burned it in place all at once. I guess once the dead wood was all gone, they and the other insects moved to the house. I got rid of them with this https://www.lowes.com/pd/BLACK-FLAG-...Killer/4065608
                  I sprayed the perimeter of the house once a month for three months and fogged (can't remember what fogger I used) the inside of the house and attic one time only. I don't think it killed the scorpions but it killed all the other insects and once there was no food source the scorpions left. I have only seen a few since, always outside somewhere (I'm on 12 acres) and never another near or in the house.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by rolylane6; 06-23-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

UV light and hunt them down.
                    We had tried spraying, but still had fair bit.
                    Started hunting them, numbers really dropped off.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I sprayed the demon today . Got some cy-kick on order too. Should be here Monday .

Comment

Well the demon is working . Found 5 dead scorpions so far .

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                          I keep wanting to try that diatomaceous earth. I have been told it works, but not sure how long it takes to kill a bug, once they have walked through it.

My wife has a brand of poison she uses, it works pretty good, along with glue traps all over the house. We still get them. We don't have much of any other type of bugs, but guaranteed we will have scorpions.

Where we live now, we find two to four a week, a lot more than I would have thought we would have here. When growing up on the coast, in a sandy area, I can only remember about two scorpions in 20 years. Since the area we live now is sandy, with no rocks, I figured very few scorpions. That was wrong, we have a decent population of them.

But it's not anywhere near as bad as where we used to live, I would kill 13 plus a night, with 27 being the record. That was every night, before I went to sleep, if it was during the spring or summer months. After my wife moved in, and started poisoning them and setting out glue traps, we would only find three to maybe five a night. You could never go through the evening routine and make it to bed, without finding a few of them.

I have noticed over the years, that when it rains, the numbers you will get in your house will increase. I have assumed over the years, it's a result of water getting down in the rocks they live in, pushing them to the surface and looking for a dry place to hang out. But then we don't have any rocks here, but we still get more scorpions after it rains. I guess the rain, washes them out from under dead logs and whatever else they are hiding under also.

Also on the glue traps, my wife gets the ones you can fold up, so they make a little triangular tube. Scorpions, like to find things to get inside of or under. We do catch them in those traps all the time.

We had an exterminator put this in our attic and it worked wonders. Had a log home at the time and would kill multiple scorpions daily. That and demon outside took care of the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use Onslaught Fastcap on a daily basis this time of year for scorpions and I it is what I have the least call backs with.

Comment

If you do get hit by one, we found that the red top Dermoplast is a spray that works really well. Get it on the spot as quickly as you can.

Comment

Working...
                              X