Bay City Eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
    In Bay City K2 steakhouse, La Casona for Mexican, Blue Ocean for seafood, Venezia's for Italian.

Waterfront in Matagorda for seafood and a pretty good ribeye. Best softshell crab I have had anywhere. I've been eating Craig's softshell crabs for many, many years and have never found any better. Snappers in Matagorda will cook your catch for you. It's an icehouse but the food is pretty good. Spoonbill's in Matagorda for a little more upscale dining but call for a reservation and to make sure they will be open. If you end up in town on a thur,fri or sat Coastal Que has some seriously good BBQ in Matagorda from 11-3. Stanley's in Matagorda has opened the Gorda Grill and they have as good of a bacon cheeseburger as you'll find anywhere close to here. It's really good.

As mentioned in Palacios The Point and Henderson Drive In both have really good pho and bahn mi as well as lots of other good stuff. I generally go to The Point as I know the owners and use to work with Yen. Good people. Tran's Restaurant is good too. They will cook your catch for you if you want and have a mix of Viet and Chinese food. Good burgers too.

In Blessing the Blessing Hotel does a lunch buffet that is pretty well known. Homestyle cooking.
    This!

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
      In Bay City K2 steakhouse, La Casona for Mexican, Blue Ocean for seafood, Venezia's for Italian.

Waterfront in Matagorda for seafood and a pretty good ribeye. Best softshell crab I have had anywhere. I've been eating Craig's softshell crabs for many, many years and have never found any better. Snappers in Matagorda will cook your catch for you. It's an icehouse but the food is pretty good. Spoonbill's in Matagorda for a little more upscale dining but call for a reservation and to make sure they will be open. If you end up in town on a thur,fri or sat Coastal Que has some seriously good BBQ in Matagorda from 11-3. Stanley's in Matagorda has opened the Gorda Grill and they have as good of a bacon cheeseburger as you'll find anywhere close to here. It's really good.

As mentioned in Palacios The Point and Henderson Drive In both have really good pho and bahn mi as well as lots of other good stuff. I generally go to The Point as I know the owners and use to work with Yen. Good people. Tran's Restaurant is good too. They will cook your catch for you if you want and have a mix of Viet and Chinese food. Good burgers too.

In Blessing the Blessing Hotel does a lunch buffet that is pretty well known. Homestyle cooking.

Dang Glen, I need to book a fishin' trip with you and then spend a couple days just eatin'!!! That's a fantastic report! I'm hongrey!

I'm thinkin' Philip needs to get out more! Heck, he lives there!!

Of course he posted in the John Wayne thread that he'd never seen a John Wayne movie either, so there's that...

Comment

Since everyone else already hit all the good places I'll just add that the bowling alley food at Schulman's Movie Bowl Grille ain't half bad if you like arcade/movie/bowling alley food. The fried pickles are great.

Comment

Freddie's in wharton,tx has awesome hamburger's at lunch it's about 30mins or so up Hwy 60

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
            You can always go to Dairy Queen and eat a dude
            With a Foot long Coney!!!!
            LOL!
            Last edited by Crazzy; 06-23-2020, 10:41 AM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

I was in the area on Saturday and stopped at Coastal Que in Matagorda. It is very legit BBQ. Stopped at K2 on the way out and had fried shrimp and oysters that were spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                I was in the area on Saturday and stopped at Coastal Que in Matagorda. It is very legit BBQ. Stopped at K2 on the way out and had fried shrimp and oysters that were spot on.
                where is coastal que?

I failed to remember the cook in stanleys. While ive only had their breakfast tacos (good) a buddy had a burger and said it was gtg also

Comment

Hookers in Sargent ain't bad either... beer is cold anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    where is coastal que?

I failed to remember the cook in stanleys. While ive only had their breakfast tacos (good) a buddy had a burger and said it was gtg also
                    Matagorda right past the turn off to the harbor.

Comment

American Legion Hall in Blessing has some awesome food also.

Comment

Originally posted by KNEE DEEP View Post
                        American Legion Hall in Blessing has some awesome food also.
                        This /\/\:\ and the Blessing hotel during lunch, but I think they are closed down right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Hookers in Sargent ain't bad either... beer is cold anyway

That’s our go to. Mostly because we’re 15 minutes away. Cold beer good burgers. I like K2 but I think it’s gone downhill. I don’t get to Matagorda often, and kind of forgot about the stuff over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            where is coastal que?

Their BBQ ain't no punk... the real deal...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Is Baytown seafood still in Van Vleck. Had some great seafood in there several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                                Their BBQ ain't no punk... the real deal...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                                Next time we roll down we'll hit it up!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X