No announcement yet.

Need wife advice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised the younger generation even asked.

Comment

Took the wife from a ‘16 explorer to a newer suburban, depending on what she drives now get ready for plenty of dents and dings

Comment

Originally posted by Bow Daddy View Post
        We have two expeditions (I cant drive work because of what I have to carry inside). We love them. Don't want the same vehicle with a more expensive logo because that just means higher repair bills down the road.

I will definitely look at Expeditions if she wins and takes the Excursion out of the running. Navigators are ridiculously expensive.... but they do have the Raptor engine!

Comment

My wife wanted a Suburban until the dealership gave her one for a service loaner for a week. She decided a Tahoe was big enough. Said the Suburban was a bus and a nightmare in parking lots.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Take a gander and see what her side of the coin look like? Why does she want those specific vehicles? Luxury or accessibility for your family?

Plus she’ll be the one driving it. As long as it’s in the budget: Happy Wife, Happy Life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve owned two Excursions and loved them both, but they don’t have a soft ride and they don’t park easily at the mall. That’s why I think most women won’t love them. That said, I would have one with a 100K on it over a new Navigator or Escalade. Lots of people choose form over function, I’m generally the opposite.

Comment

Looks like your stuck on fords and she has no choice, why you asking us then? I try to please the wife, it's works for 35 years so far.

Comment

I had an 04 Excursion and loved it. By the now the interior is dated but you can still find clean/nice ones. Anything well kept and especially low mileage units are going to be $$$

I've had a tahoe size Escalade (03 If memory serves) and I liked those years... Some of them can be had with 6.0 and AWD. Going to be hard to find low milage but this vintage 03-06 are tanks and in my opinion the best.

Wife had a 2011 Yukon Denali (shorter version but 6.2 and AWD) It was fun to drive on road trips, I loved it, but had tons of electrical issues and the interior felt super cheap..

Now she has a 2015 Yukon XL. It's been solid but it's lifted with the 5.3/6- Speed and it's slooooow.. I like it but would be much happier with a 6.2

Comment

Wife has a GMC Yukon XL. It is nice. Don't know what you could want that it doesn't have.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
                      I had an 04 Excursion and loved it. By the now the interior is dated but you can still find clean/nice ones. Anything well kept and especially low mileage units are going to be $$$

I've had a tahoe size Escalade (03 If memory serves) and I liked those years... Some of them can be had with 6.0 and AWD. Going to be hard to find low milage but this vintage 03-06 are tanks and in my opinion the best.

Wife had a 2011 Yukon Denali (shorter version but 6.2 and AWD) It was fun to drive on road trips, I loved it, but had tons of electrical issues and the interior felt super cheap..

Now she has a 2015 Yukon XL. It's been solid but it's lifted with the 5.3/6- Speed and it's slooooow.. I like it but would be much happier with a 6.2

Good info. Thanks.

Staying away from GM for a while....

Comment

Ive owned 1 Excursion, 1 Escalade, 1 Expedition, 2 Expedition EL's, and 3 Navigators
                        The excursion doesn't really have more room than an expedition EL the big difference is it drives, rides, and steers like a F 250. All of the above were good vehicles except I didn't care for the Escalade, after about 3 days of driving it I tried to trade with my wife, her reply was quick "I'm not driving the POS"

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                          Looks like your stuck on fords and she has no choice, why you asking us then? I try to please the wife, it's works for 35 years so far.

Not stuck on Fords, but right now she’s leaning toward the Nav. And, like I said, I’ve always liked the Excursions.

GM is a big no for me, but we are entertaining others.

She has agreed to at least test drive an Excursion. BIG WIN for me!!!

Comment

You could likely buy 5+ excursions for what a new Escalade/Navigator would cost...

Y'all might be too far apart in this negotiation.

In all seriousness, SUV prices are a crock... Look into Traverse/Explorer-class vehicles for something sensible. The bigger ones are mostly status symbols these days.

We wanted a traverse, ended up with a minivan, saved some money and haven't once regretted the decision.
                            Last edited by 30-30; 06-22-2020, 03:53 PM.

Comment

We have a 2019 Ford Expedition Max love it. I mean we Love it.
                              pulls my RV and boat. rides like a dream. awesome

we were suburban people for years.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                                We have a 2019 Ford Expedition Max love it. I mean we Love it.
                                pulls my RV and boat. rides like a dream. awesome

we were suburban people for years.

Did you look at Navigators at all? One thing I need to check on is the cost difference between Nav and Expedition and what you’re gaining with the added cost other than the stronger engine.

Comment

Working...
                                X