No announcement yet.

Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James hope your son gets well soon bro. Really nice young man you got there.

Comment

Originally posted by bermise
      Haha, this is funny.
      In a what an idiotic kind of post way.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
        Definitely a surge going on, boss has it after going on vacation, several people in town have in now, several in relatives towns also, all but one are doing well. The one thats hospitalized was old, had underlying conditions was having pnemonia like symtoms but seems to be stable. IMO if you young and healthy without underlying medical conditions its much ado about nothing, if your old and sick its a different story. Eerybody gonna get it eventually, need to just work to herd immunity, if your old and sick thats unfortunate and I would be locked down in that case only, otherwise life goes on.
        These are my thoughts too

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
          James hope your son gets well soon bro. Really nice young man you got there.
          Thanx

Comment

I had it back in late Feb. No fever but I couldn't breath for a week and a half and had dry scratchy throat it was horrible really thought I was dying the Dr gave me a steroid inhaler that helped a little and put me on z-pak and oral steroids.

Comment

Prayers sent for all going thru this.

Comment

what I find surprising is the number of people that are confident that they had it yet test Neg for antibodies. So did they not really have it or is the antibody test unreliable or are people getting it and not developing antibodies?

Comment

Hoping yall are feeling better this morning .

Shoot me a pm if yall are needing anything and cant get out. Will be working in the LH area most of the day and can run something by.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    what I find surprising is the number of people that are confident that they had it yet test Neg for antibodies. So did they not really have it or is the antibody test unreliable or are people getting it and not developing antibodies?

I'm trying to disect this as well...my sister has been talking to a lot of docs since her hubby & kids have it & being told most people that tested positive still test negative for the anti-body??

They are all going to get tested for the anti once the negatives tests show they are clear. Keep ya posted.

Comment

prayers for you and your family Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
                        Honestly this happened today and I'm concerned.
                        Your wife needs to get tested and quarantine.

Comment

I think most people testing negative for the antibodies haven’t had it. There is some margin of error in the testing but I’d assume overall it’s probably 98%+ accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                            I think most people testing negative for the antibodies haven’t had it. There is some margin of error in the testing but I’d assume overall it’s probably 98%+ accurate.

Assumptions have caused us a world of crap in this deal

Comment

Early on, the antibody tests did not have a very high specificity. This meant there were a lot of false positives due to previous infections with other coronaviruses, not SARS-CoV-2. As for false negatives, some of the earlier tests were too insensitive and only those people that were REALLY sick (severe cases) had enough antibodies to give a positive test result. Those with a more mild case did not have enough antibodies to read positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                I'm trying to disect this as well...my sister has been talking to a lot of docs since her hubby & kids have it & being told most people that tested positive still test negative for the anti-body??

They are all going to get tested for the anti once the negatives tests show they are clear. Keep ya posted.
                                I think there are many different types of COVID virus
                                Maybe they had a COVID but not Covid-19
                                Or a early un mutant version?

^^^^ above post ^^^^ seems logical

Comment

Working...
                                X