No announcement yet.

Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost a friend Tuesday and another one today. Both in their early 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
      Sorry to see this. God Bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
        I’m sorry to hear that. Two of my students have lost family this week. One father and a uncle.

Comment

Originally posted by eastover53 View Post
          I have not had Covid, but I am a registered nurse and work in a hospital in south central Kansas. My position is the Hospital Supervisor and every admit, transfer, and discharge goes through me.

Covid is no joke. I have seen many people die from this illness. Watching people as they gasp for breath and drown in their own secretions is horrific. I hope that none of you ever have to experience this. If you are overweight, diabetic, smoker, asthmatic, etc...you need to do everything in your power to stay healthy and not get this virus. I've already seen one of my best friends die from COVID at age 48 and have another good friend that has been fighting for 8 weeks and will likely die before the end of the week. I will watch my friend as he struggles to take his last breaths in the coming days. I've seen elderly people whose death could have been prevented by their own families that did not do enough to protect them.

Every hospital in the state of Kansas that is capable of taking care of covid patients is at capacity. I receive calls EVERY DAY from hospitals trying to find open beds as far away as South Dakota to SE Oklahoma. Tulsa, OKC, Omaha, Wichita, Kansas City...all full. If you get cancer, and need a bed? No problem. Need your gallbladder taken out? You got it. Got Covid? Take a number and get in line.

Hospitals that are capable of taking care of covid patients are making big money right now, but NO ONE in the medical field wants to continue this cycle. Everyone lost money for the first three months of this. I am sure that your mega hospitals are probably loving the revenue right now, they are bleeding money hand over fist trying to get labor, buying equipment, PPE, etc... President Trump threw money at the medical field at the start of this. Now they are starting to ask for it back. My CFO expects 75% of it will be repaid.

I have nurses that are employed at my hospital that have no clue how serious this is. Office nurses, OR nurses, Clinic nurses, etc...are not on the front lines of this and most do not have a realistic picture of the epidemic. Be careful who you get your information from. I personally would not take advice from anyone that has not seen the worst of this disease. The people on the front lines are fighting the war.

I'm getting my immunization tomorrow.

Good luck to all of you and I pray that you and your families all stay healthy.
          Thanks for sharing your view of this. Can you report back here in a couple of weeks to tell us if you have any side effects from the vaccine?

Comment

Daughter and I had it. I'd say we were minor cases but it still sucked. Our symptoms were cough, headaches, chills, and general 0 energy for about 4-5 days. No fun and I'll be getting the vaccine as soon as possible.

Comment

Well count me and wife as positives. We felt like had allergies or cold for a few days then I got fever and body aches so went and got tested Tuesday night. It so far feels like flue for me with little sense of smell or taste. The body aches and low grade fever a couple times a day for me. My wife has less fever but more coughing and tight chest at times. We started tonic water etc today.

Comment

I have not had Covid, but I am a registered nurse and work in a hospital in south central Kansas. My position is the Hospital Supervisor and every admit, transfer, and discharge goes through me.

Covid is no joke. I have seen many people die from this illness. Watching people as they gasp for breath and drown in their own secretions is horrific. I hope that none of you ever have to experience this. If you are overweight, diabetic, smoker, asthmatic, etc...you need to do everything in your power to stay healthy and not get this virus. I've already seen one of my best friends die from COVID at age 48 and have another good friend that has been fighting for 8 weeks and will likely die before the end of the week. I will watch my friend as he struggles to take his last breaths in the coming days. I've seen elderly people whose death could have been prevented by their own families that did not do enough to protect them.

Every hospital in the state of Kansas that is capable of taking care of covid patients is at capacity. I receive calls EVERY DAY from hospitals trying to find open beds as far away as South Dakota to SE Oklahoma. Tulsa, OKC, Omaha, Wichita, Kansas City...all full. If you get cancer, and need a bed? No problem. Need your gallbladder taken out? You got it. Got Covid? Take a number and get in line.

Hospitals that are capable of taking care of covid patients are making big money right now, but NO ONE in the medical field wants to continue this cycle. Everyone lost money for the first three months of this. I am sure that your mega hospitals are probably loving the revenue right now, they are bleeding money hand over fist trying to get labor, buying equipment, PPE, etc... President Trump threw money at the medical field at the start of this. Now they are starting to ask for it back. My CFO expects 75% of it will be repaid.

I have nurses that are employed at my hospital that have no clue how serious this is. Office nurses, OR nurses, Clinic nurses, etc...are not on the front lines of this and most do not have a realistic picture of the epidemic. Be careful who you get your information from. I personally would not take advice from anyone that has not seen the worst of this disease. The people on the front lines are fighting the war.

Thank you for posting this. So many are down playingthe seriousness ans ridiculing others that take it seriously.

Comment

My great grandmother got her results back last week and tested positive..

Shes been dead for 35 years!

Comment

Just got over it. My wife is an ER nurse and she always tells me how serious this virus is. It just affects folks so diffrently across the board. I had fever and body aches that lasted about 4 days. I also had stomach issues and lost my taste and smell after the intial 4 days of symptoms. Developed a cough but no problems breathing. I work out about 5 days a week and stayed active. I walked outside even when i felt bad. I have been taking zinc,vitamin d and c as well as a couple of baby asprin a day for months now. My wife has said that clotting is a major issue with this virus.

My wife took the vaccine today so I will keep yall posted. Prayers for anyone affected by this mess.

Comment

Sign me up. Minor symptoms - would've thought it was allergies. Not anything too severe, and then a positive test. Oh ... well then. It does feel like looking down the barrel of a gun. Am I going to end up a ventilator?

Answer: no. Didn't did fine. Past it now and thankful to God for His mercy.

But folks you gotta take it seriously. The 'Rona ain't playing here!

Comment

Vaccinated yesterday. Round 2 shot in a couple weeks.

Comment

How many of you did the rapid test vs the lab test?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                            How many of you did the rapid test vs the lab test?

I have had 2 lab test and one rapid . But my 15 minute rapid took 15 days .

Comment

19 yo Daughter tested positive for antibodies but we never knew she had it. Wife tested negative for antibodies.

Comment

eastover, this is your one-and-only post here.
                                Did you join up JUST to push your viewpoint/propaganda?
                                Have you never seen anyone die from influenza?
                                Is dying from Covid-19 SOMEHOW worse than dying from any other virus or ailment?
                                Just adding some perspective.

Comment

Working...
                                X