Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myway View Post
    My daughter tested positive the last week of August after returning to school. No symptoms but had to test after her roommate tested positive. She did lose the sense of smell and taste on day 4 or 5 and roughly 6 weeks later still has no smell or taste. Any of you guys experience this long lingering effect?

My wife is 6 weeks out and still a very diminished sense of taste/smell. Just last night she started to be able to smell things semi-regularly she told me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My daughter tested positive the last week of August after returning to school. No symptoms but had to test after her roommate tested positive. She did lose the sense of smell and taste on day 4 or 5 and roughly 6 weeks later still has no smell or taste. Any of you guys experience this long lingering effect?
      I had loss of smell and appetite for the almost two weeks before the hospital. I got it back when they started shooting me up with steroids and antibiotics.

Comment

We have a guy here at the shop that has been quarantined for the 4th freaking time! Earlier in the year he came back from a cruise without the mandatory quarantine and now he has tested positive for the 3rd time. Evidently the dumbass isn't watching what he is doing away from work.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          We have a guy here at the shop that has been quarantined for the 4th freaking time! Earlier in the year he came back from a cruise without the mandatory quarantine and now he has tested positive for the 3rd time. Evidently the dumbass isn't watching what he is doing away from work.

Dang! He’s tested positive 3 different times?!? In how long of a period of time? Everything I’ve read says that a person usually gains immunity for a certain period of time actually having the virus.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
            Dang! He’s tested positive 3 different times?!? In how long of a period of time? Everything I’ve read says that a person usually gains immunity for a certain period of time actually having the virus.

Since March. It makes me wonder about the test. Every time I turn around there is different info being put out. Don't know what to believe anymore.

Comment

Since March. It makes me wonder about the test. Every time I turn around there is different info being put out. Don't know what to believe anymore.

Makes me wonder too... Seems like this would be a huge news story if he got Covid 3 separate times.

Comment

My wife had no symptoms after day 5 of her positive test EXCEPT no taste/smell... She was at least 6 weeks out before her senses started to somewhat normalize. She's almost 4 months post infection and she says she still does not have her taste/smell senses back pre-infection quality... She tested negative for the virus on day 10 and went back to work on day 14 (OR Nurse in a Trauma Center)...

Comment

I'm getting close to a month sense I had it and I still only have bout 50% of my taste and smell back. Can't smell weird things like gas and paint.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    My wife had no symptoms after day 5 of her positive test EXCEPT no taste/smell... She was at least 6 weeks out before her senses started to somewhat normalize. She's almost 4 months post infection and she says she still does not have her taste/smell senses back pre-infection quality... She tested negative for the virus on day 10 and went back to work on day 14 (OR Nurse in a Trauma Center)...
                    My Daughter has just recently lost the sense of taste/smell. Only diminished though. We are going on Day 10 since she tested positive. This has been the only real side effect that she has had. Had a mild fever 99.6 and was coughing a bit. Nobody else on her Mom's or My side has tested positive.

Has not been a fun experience. Contracted through a volleyball teammate is what we guess.

Comment

I just tested positive over the weekend. Started not feeling well at work on Friday so I left early. They made me go get tested. Got my results back Sunday morning. I feel really tired and my whole body aches. Slight headache and tightness in chest. Other than that I'm ok. Not too bad. I woke up this morning and couldn't taste or smell. This isn't like when you are congested and you kinda can't taste. There is absolutely no taste or smell at all and Im not congested. Really weird.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                        Makes me wonder too... Seems like this would be a huge news story if he got Covid 3 separate times.

I'm going to double check on the positive tests. But I do know its his 4th time to get quarantined and I know for sure he is positive this time..

Comment

I started having a runny nose & cough over the weekend & a low-grade fever by Sunday. I went to CVS Sunday afternoon and had a nasopharyngeal COVID test that came back positive this (Wednesday) morning. My experience (so far) has been like a mild case of flu, but I know some folks have had far worse...and some have had it much easier. I’ll be off work until Monday the 26th.

Comment

I’m waiting until the rut to use my positive test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going to double check on the positive tests. But I do know its his 4th time to get quarantined and I know for sure he is positive this time..
                              I've been corrected. The guy has only tested positive this one time. The other 3 quarantines were due to close contact with someone that has/had it.

Comment

I've been corrected. The guy has only tested positive this one time. The other 3 quarantines were due to close contact with someone that has/had it.
                                Man that's some useful tactics with hunting season coming up. I may have to come in close contact early December!

Comment

Working...
                                X