Who’s had Covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Also the good part about donating plasma is you can donate it like once a week without issue. It doesn't weaken your system like donating whole blood does.

You can actually donate twice a week. Plasma is made up of mostly water and proteins so as long as you have a healthy diet and drink plenty of water, you won’t miss it one bit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well fellas you can go ahead and add me to the list. I was evacuated at the deer lease and totally lost my sense of smell and taste. My BIL who was with me also started feeling off so we went into town and got tested. He tested positive but i came back negative. I'm fairly positive I've got it though with my symptoms, and now I know of 6 people that i was exposed to with it the last week. 5 of my co-workers have it, so someone ran it through the office like wildfire.

Comment

Add me to the list as well. Just tested positive. Fever, headache, congestion, smell/taste is fading now. This stuff sucks.

I’ve been taking the zinc/tonic water and haven’t had a fever for most of today thus far. Idk if there’s a link with that. But, I don’t really even feel bad. However, doctor told me day 10 is the worst. So, I figure I’m in for a bumpy ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck yall, hope you both pull through without much trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Good luck yall, hope you both pull through without much trouble.

I will definitely keep everyone updated best I can. I’m in quarantine until the 10th. Im on day 3 since symptoms started.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
              Add me to the list as well. Just tested positive. Fever, headache, congestion, smell/taste is fading now. This stuff sucks.

I’ve been taking the zinc/tonic water and haven’t had a fever for most of today thus far. Idk if there’s a link with that. But, I don’t really even feel bad. However, doctor told me day 10 is the worst. So, I figure I’m in for a bumpy ride.

I heard/read the same about Day 10, but it wasn't the case for me. I was clear of overall symptoms by Day 5, had some sinus congestion and a slight cough around Day 7, and started feeling more like my normal self the next day. I have to test negative before I go back to work, and I produced a positive test last Monday, which was Day 16. Other days at work didn't have a negative test for up to 20+ days, so I anticipate a negative by next Monday when I get tested again.

CDC states that if you have improvement of symptoms and no fever within a 24 hour period without fever reducers, you're not contagious anymore at Day 10.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                I heard/read the same about Day 10, but it wasn't the case for me. I was clear of overall symptoms by Day 5, had some sinus congestion and a slight cough around Day 7, and started feeling more like my normal self the next day. I have to test negative before I go back to work, and I produced a positive test last Monday, which was Day 16. Other days at work didn't have a negative test for up to 20+ days, so I anticipate a negative by next Monday when I get tested again.

CDC states that if you have improvement of symptoms and no fever within a 24 hour period without fever reducers, you're not contagious anymore at Day 10.

Interesting to know. I took Tylenol at 6am and haven’t had a fever or felt like I had one since.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                  Interesting to know. I took Tylenol at 6am and haven’t had a fever or felt like I had one since.

My wife had fever for only 2-3 hours even without meds. It is different with everyone.

Comment

My wife’s symptoms were gone by day 5 and was negative on day 10. We both started heavy zinc,D3,C,and heavy tonic syrup mixed in with iced tea. Neither of us could handle the carbonated tonic water.

Comment

I got a rapid test the other day and it came back negative. No symptoms, but a co-worker was showing symptoms. But it was the brain swab. Someone asked in earlier post if it was the rapid test or brain swab? What is the difference in the two?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        My wife’s symptoms were gone by day 5 and was negative on day 10. We both started heavy zinc,D3,C,and heavy tonic syrup mixed in with iced tea. Neither of us could handle the carbonated tonic water.

Hopefully we follow that same timeline as her. I feel like I’ve pushed through the initial wave. I’m just praying there is no second wave, or it’s light, and everything is relatively uneventful from here on out. I still don’t have any symptoms to speak of since 6am yesterday without taking any fever reducing meds.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
                          I got a rapid test the other day and it came back negative. No symptoms, but a co-worker was showing symptoms. But it was the brain swab. Someone asked in earlier post if it was the rapid test or brain swab? What is the difference in the two?
                          It's the same procedure, just one has the ability to show a result sooner, although it has more false readings compared to the 24 hour turnaround. My wife showed some symptoms a couple days after I tested positive, so she did the rapid test and the 24 hour one and both came back negative. We really believe she had it back in January with a 104 temp and flu-like symptoms for a solid week, but tested negative for flu and strep. She tested negative for antibodies, but now they're saying that test only works up to a month or so afterwards and she had it done at the beginning of the month.

Comment

Well, I’m officially 24hrs since last fever without the help of any medications. Now all I’m worried about is this “second wave.”

But for now everything feels normal. The only bad thing is I just got word my wife’s fever is elevating and she is home with our 3 month old. Idk what to do to help.

Comment

late update ...

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                              We were exposed last weekend to folks with it(unknowingly). Yesterday I tested positive. Wife tested negative Wedn. but it was early, she's had some mild symptoms. I'm sure a test now would show her positive. Our employers have quarantined us.
                              We've had fevers and soreness but that's about it. Actually started the tonic water a month or two ago, maybe that helped? Still using it, multivitamins, and Ibuprofen(knocks the fever down, at least for me.) Getting juices and Zinc today. Am hoping the symptoms will dissipate by Monday.
                              Doctor at testing site said we may have another bad day on day 10 ... anyone ever heard that? At least that's what he's been seeing.

Wife and I are both over it now, actually a couple weeks ago and back at work. Thank you, Jesus! Felt so bad earlier in the month that I did not update. Anyway, doing it now, maybe it will help someone out there with it.
                              After I tested positive, we both had mild fevers for several days, Ibuprofen and Tylenol would knock it down but come right back. Wife had temps of 99.5 - 100.5 but mine ran from 99.9 - 102.5(one time this high). Felt like crap. Then we went into the next phase of just flat-out fatigue and loss of appetite. I also had some nausea and diarrhea, took Pepto but got to where that wasn't working. Wife didn't have those symptoms at this time but rather a headache, fatigue and no appetite. By the way, if you're taking a multi-vitamin, DO NOT TAKE ADDITIONAL ZINC, it will mess you up. You don't need as much as some people are saying. Anyway, we were about 1 week into it and one night I was up all night with nausea and couldn't breath well, this was the first occurrence of this. Kept getting worse so that morning, wife took me to the ER and was admitted with severe nausea and shortness of breath. They determined I had some pneumonia. Did a two night stay in ICU and was released. They treated the pneumonia with IV steroids only, and it seemed to kick it. Very odd though, never had a cough, just shortness of breath. They took care of the nausea too and my appetite returned slowly while there. Sent me home with the steroid and nausea prescription but never needed the nausea med again.
                              Got home, still severely fatigued though but at least some energy slowly, really slowly returned. Appetite slowly returned but most things didn't sound good at all. Whatever we ate was in much smaller portions and this went on for several days, eventually a lot of our energy returned, as well as appetite.
                              This was about 2 weeks into it, at least the fevers did not ever return. My wife's symptoms went away first and she returned to work, into the 3rd week. I had to wait another week, retested as negative and returned to work the end of the 3rd week(Aug. 21).
                              Sorry for the long write but this ordeal was beyond what I thought it would be. I have new respect for it and much more careful in what I do or where I go.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                                Wife and I are both over it now, actually a couple weeks ago and back at work. Thank you, Jesus! Felt so bad earlier in the month that I did not update. Anyway, doing it now, maybe it will help someone out there with it.

After I tested positive, we both had mild fevers for several days, Ibuprofen and Tylenol would knock it down but come right back. Wife had temps of 99.5 - 100.5 but mine ran from 99.9 - 102.5(one time this high). Felt like crap. Then we went into the next phase of just flat-out fatigue and loss of appetite. I also had some nausea and diarrhea, took Pepto but got to where that wasn't working. Wife didn't have those symptoms at this time but rather a headache, fatigue and no appetite. By the way, if you're taking a multi-vitamin, DO NOT TAKE ADDITIONAL ZINC, it will mess you up. You don't need as much as some people are saying. Anyway, we were about 1 week into it and one night I was up all night with nausea and couldn't breath well, this was the first occurrence of this. Kept getting worse so that morning, wife took me to the ER and was admitted with severe nausea and shortness of breath. They determined I had some pneumonia. Did a two night stay in ICU and was released. They treated the pneumonia with IV steroids only, and it seemed to kick it. Very odd though, never had a cough, just shortness of breath. They took care of the nausea too and my appetite returned slowly while there. Sent me home with the steroid and nausea prescription but never needed the nausea med again.

Got home, still severely fatigued though but at least some energy slowly, really slowly returned. Appetite slowly returned but most things didn't sound good at all. Whatever we ate was in much smaller portions and this went on for several days, eventually a lot of our energy returned, as well as appetite.

This was about 2 weeks into it, at least the fevers did not ever return. My wife's symptoms went away first and she returned to work, into the 3rd week. I had to wait another week, retested as negative and returned to work the end of the 3rd week(Aug. 21).

Sorry for the long write but this ordeal was beyond what I thought it would be. I have new respect for it and much more careful in what I do or where I go.

Doesn’t look like I’ve got anything to look forward to then! I just really hope I avoid the pneumonia part. Did y’all still have fevers throughout the first week? Mine seems to have went away since 6am yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X