What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bownut View Post
    So your telling me that the dog has the right of way on a road. I don’t think so. It’s the land owner responsible to keep the dog in there yard. Years ago I stopped and told the homeowner I hit there dog and it turned out bad. I almost went to jail because it broke out into a fight because the dog owner attacked me. Said it was my fault his dog jumped out in front of my truck. The way I see it this dog will cause a wreck because it comes out of no where and it scares you. Some old lady will end up in a ditch.
    ??? Who told you the dog has the right of way???

Comment

A girl in Denver was shot and killed a week ago by a fella. Supposedly the issue started because the dog was pooping. Maybe it is just because we have a 24/7 news cycle, but it seems that there are more crazy people out there these days.
      No, don't stop to chat with the owner.

Comment

Since they don’t care about their dog neither would I. Keep your dog off the road.

Comment

Y'all did the right thing. You son doesn't need to be involved with a wounded dog or emotional people. Sounds like you live out of town, I'll bet a new stray will show up in a week or so. Hopefully the dog is ok, they can take a good lick though.

Comment

I hit a dog when I was in high school and didn’t feel bad at all - dog ran out and a car was behind me and another coming the opposite way on a two-lane road. Afterwards my brother (who was with me) and my parents told me I handled the situation well. Now that I work in O&G we train all drivers to not swerve and to hit the animal since that’s safer than moving out of the way.

If the dog always does this then there is no reason to stop and apologize. If you know the people and are friendly with them then maybe say something about not meaning to hit the dog. I wouldn’t want my son to approach people directly after because sometimes they can get emotional. If he wants to apologize then you both can go, but don’t think an apology is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-R View Post
              A girl in Denver was shot and killed a week ago by a fella. Supposedly the issue started because the dog was pooping. Maybe it is just because we have a 24/7 news cycle, but it seems that there are more crazy people out there these days.
              No, don't stop to chat with the owner.
              I read it was her and a male friend both shot.

He did the right thing - and Curt had an interesting rant tonight.........

Comment

I could go on and on with this topic.

Comment

Don’t want your dog run over keep it in your yard...

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    I would not stop and would not expect my Kid to either. Some People these days Are nutz and I don’t want to deal with an idiot over a dog

Same here .

Comment

I definitely wouldn’t want my teenage son stopping to deal with an upset homeowner like that. At most I might get his side of what happened and relay that to the neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        ??? Who told you the dog
                        has the right of way???
                        Dogs don’t belong on a roadway. Keep them off. My opinion the dog owner has no rights to ***** about anything If there dog gets hit on a roadway. The car or truck should not have to stop if they hit a dog on a roadway. The car has the right of way not the dog. That’s the problem I see a lot of lately. Dog owners don’t control there dogs and just let them roam where they want to. Now this dog my son hit travels about a half mile from it’s home and chases cars all up and down the road. It just so happened he rolled it in front of there house but it came out of nowhere. I’m glad he didn’t stop and would not expect him to.
                        I lost a black lab 3 yrs ago from a neighbor that shot it with a shotgun. Yes I was upset but it was my fault for not doing my job and keeping him in my yard.

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                          Personally, I’d be upset if someone hit my dog and didn’t stop to check if the dog was okay or to let me know. Although I don’t let me dogs run down the road like they do.

I’d take my son down there and all have a conversation and apologize and also say it’s hard to not hit their dog when they let it run on the road.

I disagree. Hell they should be apologizing to his son for not keeping their dang dog off his tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If the dog ran back, how does he even know he hit it?

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

[QUOTE=curtintex;14933804]I disagree. I wouldn't want my teenage kid to go back and deal with what could be a very upset and emotional dog owner. Dogs that chase cars, ALL get run over eventually. It happens...keep a shovel handy.

^^^^^This^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
                                Dogs don’t belong on a roadway. Keep them off. My opinion the dog owner has no rights to ***** about anything If there dog gets hit on a roadway. The car or truck should not have to stop if they hit a dog on a roadway. The car has the right of way not the dog. That’s the problem I see a lot of lately. Dog owners don’t control there dogs and just let them roam where they want to. Now this dog my son hit travels about a half mile from it’s home and chases cars all up and down the road. It just so happened he rolled it in front of there house but it came out of nowhere. I’m glad he didn’t stop and would not expect him to.
                                I lost a black lab 3 yrs ago from a neighbor that shot it with a shotgun. Yes I was upset but it was my fault for not doing my job and keeping him in my yard.
                                You asked for opinions.

If it helps, I agree with ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X