Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Proper Campfire etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I can be a little obtuse at times as it never occurred to me that someone might introduce a topic to this forum of proudly upright and enviably stiff individuals for no other reason than to “drop a Baby Ruth into the punch bowl.”

Take the Testosterone topic, for example: the fact that it may have been a baited topic, introduced for no other reason than to get a...rise...out of everyone—well, that fact obviously snuck up on me from behind and banged into me like a screen door in a hurricane! I’ll admit, sometimes I can be as myopic as a one-eyed snake, and this was one of those times. I’ll be honest, like having something in the back of your throat that is just too big to swallow, it is a bitter pill for me to admit just how naive I can be.

So if I said anything that offended anyone (like when I made the observation about the high number of posts to the testosterone thread relative to the uncomfortably low response rate to the prostate thread—and snickered afterward) or if I hurt anyone’s feelings (like when I laughed out loud at some of the pet names you have for your appendages—“Mr. Wiggles” and “ding-a-ling” come to mind), I apologize.

Clearly, I blew it.

To the Moderators:

Once again, my tawdry sense of humor has gotten the better. If I’ve screwed up or have somehow run afoul of the rules, I’ll humbly take my licks for my terribly base behavior. Just know that no appendages were hurt I’m the making of this reply.

Thanks for all you do!

To the OP:

My apologies for having fun at the expense of your post—I just couldn’t help myself! When you mentioned “testosterone” and talked about “getting a rise” out of everyone, well...

All joking aside, I agree with everything you said and I thank you for pointing it out (because I really am THAT obtuse!).

Comment

Whatever you don't mention you gut shoot hogs and let them run off to die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
        For the record, It doesn't bother me or offend me. It just makes me take a mental note of the guys that I'd want around my real campfire.
        I have to stay away from the PACE forum, and do a good job of it lately. I could not handle listening to the doom and gloom politics around a campfire. I would like to meet some of them folks on there though, I would enjoy aggravating them in person.

I am fairly certain that there are a few that create new threads every hour just for the drama. I typically refrain from those fellers.
        Last edited by Radar; 06-17-2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Very well and nicely said Jay. I know what your talking about. See it all the time. Sometimes daily. I've just gotten to the point I don't even bother looking at most of those threads to see what the individual was wanting/trying to stir up.

Comment

Comment

If it ain't my fire...………..
              I don't touch it...………………...

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                I have to stay away from the PACE forum, and do a good job of it lately. I could not handle listening to the doom and gloom politics around a campfire. I would like to meet some of them folks on there though, I would enjoy aggravating them in person.

I am fairly certain that there are a few that create new threads every hour just for the drama. I typically refrain from those fellers.
                We need more get togethers! I enjoy the hell out of drinking beer with you at the crappie fest we have and so did momma

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                  We need more get togethers! I enjoy the hell out of drinking beer with you at the crappie fest we have and so did momma
                  Yes sir, I am ready to go again.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    I was thinking about posting a new topic about a good laxative. Does that offend anyone?
                    Not me, I was raised on a dairy. I shoveled lots of crap.

Comment

Well, I’m new so I’m not aloud to post new posts I guess. But when I am able. I will remember this and keep it classy. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasArrow View Post
                        Well, I’m new so I’m not aloud to post new posts I guess. But when I am able. I will remember this and keep it classy. Thanks
                        So glad I was able to be a positive influence to a young buck. Welcome to the fire. Hope you enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                          I guess I can be a little obtuse at times

Take the Testosterone topic, for example:

Clearly, I blew it.

I thank you for pointing it out (because I really am THAT obtuse!).
                          You had to go there didn't you....

Comment

Here’s a quality rule. Be easy going and not a Karen enough to start a thread attempting to regulate how other campfires sitters sit because you got offended

Comment

True campfire etiquette is getting everybody a beer when you stand up to get one.

Comment

I typically just scroll on based on the headline. If it really has nothing to do with hunting, fishing, camping, camps, and all of the equipment that might be associated I move on. Every now and thin I get trapped by the headline. LOL I fine myself movimg through the campfire much quicker these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X