DWI in williamson county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CEO View Post
    I would think you'd need to be caught in the act of driving down a public roadway while drunk to get a dwi. I mean, if found in his vehicle in the driveway it is easy to see what events just transpired, but sounds like one of those classic technicalities.
    I'm going to go ahead and say that they watched him pull in. Just speculation on my part. If they followed him you know they had dashcam rolling.

Comment

Don’t really have the whole story. It’s an assumption that the bartender didn’t try to get him a ride or continued to serve him. It could also be assumed that he cut the guy off, tried to get him an uber, and he got belligerent and left. Then the bartender called the police. Don’t berate the bartender without the facts.

That being said, he needs to secure a quality attorney. He also should be able to bond out as soon as he sees the judge. If he wasn’t behind the wheel in his driveway when the police arrived, a good attorney will get him off. If he was, especially with the vehicle running, less likelihood of that. He’s going to spend some cash though on attorney’s fees, court fines, and his insurance is about to go WAY up.

Hope he learns a valuable lesson. A $20 uber is a lot cheaper than a DUI. Thankfully no one was injured or killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

DWI in williamson county

Uhhh, wilco, helloo.. LOL

What dept? How they get his home address so quick?? Any 3 party witnesses?
        Sleeping in drivers seat with engine running in a public place is all it takes.
        He should be able to pr bond out the next morninrg or that same morning depending on what time he was dropped off at wilco jail. Magistrates work everyday in the morning usually.
        Maybe has lots of criminal history/arrests so they assigned a higher $ bail??
        He will be able to plead it to another charge and take a deferred ajudication/probation depending on his history. Or not sure if wilco has a 1st time offender diversion program.
        Small shot of beating the charge. Depending on how much he sank himself, field sobriety tests, breath test, how and what he said answering questions. Usually officers are pretty good and ask lots of questions to seal their cases on DWIs as they are so common.
        With covid though may be easier making plea deals.
        Yes glad no one was hurt. Weve all most likely been tbere.
        Maybe find an atty that used to work at the Wilco County Attorney (misd) or DAs (felinies)office. The County Attorney D Hobbs was an assist CA in that office for years and lots of his old coworkers are now defense attys up here.
        Very political good ol boy network up here.
        Same goes on the flip side for hiring any def atty that attagonizes them, look up Buddy Falcons twitter. Some attys are giving the CA and Sheriff hell (rightly so) for shenanigans up here. Its a huge mess. Could hold grudges

Comment

On the facts given that case is beatable all day and twice on sunday.

First and foremost what is the PC for talking to him about being drunk at home? A call from a bartender who is probably just as guilty for over serving him?

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
            U.S. Supreme Court says
            “” you can get charged with a DUI-related offense with no proof of driving, with no keys in the ignition, or even sometimes outside of your car. ... Even if your car doesn't start, the law under the Supreme Court ruled you can get a DUI without driving and while the car is not moving or parked.Jun 6, 2020”’
            Very interesting.

Comment

I would refer him to Jeremiah Williams...he is an old friend of mine, and a good guy. He is also a former prosecutor in that county.

As a former prosecutor, Attorney Jeremiah Williams brings a unique, well-rounded approach to all of his criminal cases. He also has extensive experience with family and personal injury law.

Comment

Generally it takes 24 hours to make bond on a DWI, some times less in smaller towns. It's all up to the JP and the ADA.

Comment

Shouldn’t the Bartender be arrested and the Bar be in trouble for over serving also.

Comment

This is what happens when Live PD is cancelled! We may have seen this live in Williamson County and known all the facts.

Comment

First offense I highly doubt hell get jail time. Most likely probation, as classes, MADD class, anabuse along with probation and a bunch of fines surcharges etc.

Oh and breathalyzer in the vehicle and sr22 insurance
                      Last edited by slicktree; 06-17-2020, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                        This is what happens when Live PD is cancelled! We may have seen this live in Williamson County and known all the facts.
                        Lol!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

How in the world is anybody thinking the bartender has any blame in this? They aren’t his babysitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                            How in the world is anybody thinking the bartender has any blame in this? They aren’t his babysitter.
                            Most likely because he is supposed to refuse to serve.....OR he can go to jail.

Comment

Once your in you driveway, run inside and start drinking fast. I’ll take the evading.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                                Most likely because he is supposed to refuse to serve.....OR he can go to jail.
                                Doesn’t make sense to me. They have to ask every person there if they are driving home? Sounds like passing accountability for Un responsible people’s actions on to the bartender.

Comment

Working...
                                X