Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Yellowstone via Billings Montana questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Breezy View Post
    Looks like we will fly into Jackson hole Thursday at 1130. Stay the night and fly fish Friday then head north to Yellowstone Friday night till Sunday am then head back to Jackson hole and fly out that afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m very jealous.

Let me know if you need a guide in Jackson. I know one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Muygrande View Post
      I’m very jealous.

Let me know if you need a guide in Jackson. I know one of the best.
      talked to a buddy thats been twice and he got me in touch with his guide. josh daigle. we are set up for Friday the 31st.

Comment

Went a loooonnng time ago, I'd go back to Cody Wy. Just or theBuffalo Bill Museum, the rest was mostly just a flash, spent a night just outside the north entrance in Gardner, Montana, guy told us to be very alert as we were going to walk down the street to a pizza place, told us the bears were coming into town to raid fruit trees pretty bad. Those were the high points for me.

Comment

talked to a buddy thats been twice and he got me in touch with his guide. josh daigle. we are set up for Friday the 31st.
          Don't know him but that is a great outfit. You are going at the perfect time to fish the Snake. Big dry flies and hungry trout.

Comment

Don't know him but that is a great outfit. You are going at the perfect time to fish the Snake. Big dry flies and hungry trout.

Josh grew up in Jackson hole. Been guiding for 10 years.

Comment

Josh grew up in Jackson hole. Been guiding for 10 years.

Yes sir. That is one of the top outfitters in Jackson. Some of the best guides on the river work for them so I’m sure you got a good one. You are going at the perfect time as well.

Comment

Yes sir. That is one of the top outfitters in Jackson. Some of the best guides on the river work for them so I’m sure you got a good one. You are going at the perfect time as well.

Sweet. Now I need to figure out where to stay Friday & Saturday night in Yellowstone. Staying Thursday @ the Anvil in Jackson.

Comment

any suggestions on cool small places to stay in or near Yellowstone coming from Jackson hole way ? just me and the wife. we are simple so nothing fancy

Comment

We have stayed here before. Easy drive and close to the south entrance.

Headwaters Lodge official website. Yellowstone and Grand Teton lodging and camping. Best rates guaranteed.

Comment

got everything booked finally.

fly into Jackson at noon on Thursday chill and sight see around town. rented a jeep. staying at anvil that night. fly fish in the Grand Teton Friday then head to colter bay village cabins for Friday night then off to Yellowstone Saturday and got a cabin at old faithful lodge. then drive back Sunday to Jackson and fly home.

Comment

I saw something the other day that there was a problem with the drinking water in West Yellowstone. You may want to check into that before making plans to stay there. Yellowstone is a place everybody should put on their bucket list, it's amazing! I've been twice, and can't wait to go back again.

Comment

Now we might be doing Yellowstone at the end of July instead of Idaho. So that being said what is the drive like from Billings ? Also tips on where to start looking for a place in Yellowstone ? Short lil get away. Fly in on a Thursday early and fly out late on Sunday.

Reading some other post we might look into Teton instead

Just got back from two weeks in Wyoming, Montana, and Utah.

I'm not help on it but enjoy! We pulled our 5th wheel.

Comment

Check the park for updates on road construction. I was there when they opened a few weeks ago and there was a lot of construction. Wasn’t an issue because no one was there, but I could see it being a problem as visitors return. There is also an entire section closed for the summer heading north from the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                              I saw something the other day that there was a problem with the drinking water in West Yellowstone. You may want to check into that before making plans to stay there. Yellowstone is a place everybody should put on their bucket list, it's amazing! I've been twice, and can't wait to go back again.
                              thanks, I will look into that

Originally posted by TradAg02 View Post
                              Check the park for updates on road construction. I was there when they opened a few weeks ago and there was a lot of construction. Wasn’t an issue because no one was there, but I could see it being a problem as visitors return. There is also an entire section closed for the summer heading north from the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              thanks for the heads up

Comment

what can I expect the temps to be like ? 40/50's lows and 70/80's highs ?

Comment

Working...
                                X