No announcement yet.

Amazing fishing at Kinsel ranch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it’s the place we were on across from the YO they were in construction in Houston. My dad knew Mr Kinsel in the 80’s. His uncle and nephew were running the ranch when we were there. It was like 4500 acres high fenced at that time. I believe they have acquired more land since then. I never shot a whitetail from a blind there because they were wild (not pets). We worked for every deer I shot. They believe in getting a hunter what they are looking for but it’s not a give me type hunt.

Comment

Is this south of San Antonio near Cotulla ?

Comment

It says Mountain Home in original post.

Comment

Congrats!! Looks like a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by Wence View Post
            If it’s the place we were on across from the YO they were in construction in Houston. My dad knew Mr Kinsel in the 80’s. His uncle and nephew were running the ranch when we were there. It was like 4500 acres high fenced at that time. I believe they have acquired more land since then. I never shot a whitetail from a blind there because they were wild (not pets). We worked for every deer I shot. They believe in getting a hunter what they are looking for but it’s not a give me type hunt.
            Yes same place 4500 acres Hf with some monster WT. Saw some while we were there and they are not pets. We went to another 600 acre pasture that had red stag and axis only.

Comment

Sounds right, last time we were there they mentioned setting up a pasture for exotics so they could separate the exotics from the whitetail. dharris enjoy every trip you get to go there, I have more wonderful memories from the times I was there and it wasn’t always when we were hunting (FYI never took the time to fish).��

Comment

Working...
              X