No announcement yet.

Raccoons....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP, your friend can pile a bag of corn 20 yards away from the feeder and kill those same coons with tannerite. You don’t have to destroy the feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstCast View Post
      Just bought a set of coon stoppers from alamo outdoor world. Mount to the legs with pipe clamps. They look pretty wicked and are super sharp $49 for 4

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We had zero sucess with those. Have pics if coons going up and down them. Lotta hair and blood left on them stairs...but did not stop them at all.

Comment

Just bought a set of coon stoppers from alamo outdoor world. Mount to the legs with pipe clamps. They look pretty wicked and are super sharp $49 for 4

BWHaaaaaaa!!! SUCKER!!

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
          I'll match that offer.
          Im in...

Comment

FirstCast- not to rain on your parade, but now your feeder will be covered with little bloody hand prints...

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
              FirstCast- not to rain on your parade, but now your feeder will be covered with little bloody hand prints...

Not to mention his own blood (or his buddies) if they aren't careful around them..

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                OP, your friend can pile a bag of corn 20 yards away from the feeder and kill those same coons with tannerite. You don’t have to destroy the feeder.
                Don’t tell everything you know, we are trying to get some fun going around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Not to mention his own blood (or his buddies) if they aren't careful around them..

Yup....they do more damage to the feeder fillers than the vermin [emoji849]

Comment

Eliminator plates combined with the crappy varmint cages.

Comment

Connect a solar electric fence to it.

Comment

Get rid of the deer feeder. Coons will go back to their normal haunts

Comment

Oh heck no, I could see me wearing that tatoo all too soon.
                          I hope it came with a sewing needle and some thread for emergency laceration repairs.

I tried grease a long time ago and would walk away with that crap all over my arms and shirt even though I tried carefully to avoid touching it.

The coons I was feeding figured the slinky's out too. Either that or some trickster was stretching them waaay out between my camera shots.

Comment

Dog proof traps to thin the herd is the only real way to help. Set them up on t posts for the pen. Space them out or you will catch one coon on both hands. Run them often. It won’t get them all but it will help.

Comment

Dammit, I feared this but decided to gamble. Have a varmint cage. Had an eliminator that helped some, but the funnel sat flush with a piece of plywood on the bottom of the feeder and the fins on the eliminator would hang up on the plywood. When we lowered it the coons were able to spin it. Also currently have pvc pipe hanging free on each leg, but it’s gotten old and they can work their way up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone tried electrifying the feeder legs? Similar to a solar powered electric fence?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X