Costa Del Mar Warranty Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Man View Post
    I have not checked the website today for my model, I only wanted to repair the lens for $80. They said In an email the model and replacement part was not available and offered a 30% off coupon for replacement.
    I am curious if maybe your model is no longer offered and if that is why they offered you the replacement 30% off coupon rather than offering to repair the lenses, more curious than anything. If they no longer carry that model, the chance of them having replacement lenses is slim to none. That wouldn't explain everyone else's issues with them though.

Comment

I’ve always had great luck with their warranty division!

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
        I am curious if maybe your model is no longer offered and if that is why they offered you the replacement 30% off coupon rather than offering to repair the lenses, more curious than anything. If they no longer carry that model, the chance of them having replacement lenses is slim to none. That wouldn't explain everyone else's issues with them though.
        Caballito with 580g. I looked and didn’t see it.

Comment

An update on my warranty service with Costa:

I reached out to them today to see the status of my warranty. I was then informed that the replacement pair I had chosen was no longer in stock. The representative then asked what I was looking for and I told them I was open to any 580G lens Fantail frame (which is what I originally sent in, however I sent in 580P fantails). I was then able to pick any combination they had in stock. I ended up with Blackout frames with 580G Copper Silver Mirror lenses.

Do yourself a favor and go on the chat with Costa, I posted the link up above. They are very helpful - if you get a bad representative, reload the chat. I have gotten the same representative 2/3 times I have been in the chat, however both reps I have dealt with have been very helpful in making sure I was happy.

Comment

I just went through the online warranty process Friday for my Corbinas after the frame cracked above the lens. I received an email today saying that it would be covered under warranty but my specific model is discontinued / no longer available so they would like to offer me a comparable alternative. So I open up their offer (which is only good for two days) and there are only five glasses to choose from and they're basically other Corbinas with plastic lens except for pair with a yellow glass lens. I'm really not interested in any of the glasses they're offering, either due to the plastic lens or the color. So, I don't know if my only option is to decline the offer at this point.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
              I just went through the online warranty process Friday for my Corbinas after the frame cracked above the lens. I received an email today saying that it would be covered under warranty but my specific model is discontinued / no longer available so they would like to offer me a comparable alternative. So I open up their offer (which is only good for two days) and there are only five glasses to choose from and they're basically other Corbinas with plastic lens except for pair with a yellow glass lens. I'm really not interested in any of the glasses they're offering, either due to the plastic lens or the color. So, I don't know if my only option is to decline the offer at this point.

What I was told is you have to accept one of those offers and then once you ship out your old pair you go onto a chat or call Costa and you can swap them.

I did this two weeks ago with a defective pair of Straits which were discontinued. They offered Galveston frames which I did not like. I accepted them, went to the store and found I like Mag Bay frames. Went onto a chat with them and they swapped it to Mag Bay for me and also let me upgrade them to glass lenses free of charge.

I will add that finding a pair of frame color/lens color combination might be difficult. You just have to ask what they have in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanC26 View Post
                I am in the market for new glasses now. What is everyone going to now? I like a lot of the Oakley stuff but their fishing street cred isn't where it needs to be.
                Personally I like Smith...

Comment

Makes me really wish I would’ve sent mine in a long time ago when they broke.

Comment

I cant complain.. I recently sent in two pairs of fantails, one pair was at least the years old with a cracked frame and the other new I had just bought had a scratched lens. I fully expected them to not be covered under warranty. If I remember right the website told me I'd have to pay 160ish to get them both fixed. A week or so goes by and they send me an email saying all I was being charged was 26 dollars! Cant beat that!

Comment

I’ve been very pleased with their service and just got a replacement pair in today. The new process is pretty strait-forward and I was updated by email along the way. I wear Reeftons so no issue with a discontinued model.

Comment

I've never had issues with their warranty service in the past and have sent several pairs in. I just wasn't thrilled when I got the email today offering me plastic lens in exchange for my glass lenses. I think I'll try the method recommended here and see what ends up happening.

Comment

I have a pair of Costa Harpoons in 580 glass. They fell off my cap to the cement and broke right in the middle of the nose, between both frames. Can I send them in for a replacement pair of glasses ?
                          Do I need to speak via chat room ? Is there a form I need to fill out ?
                          Or do I just go to the website listed above.
                          Help me out here please. needing some glasses before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by joeshooter View Post
                            I have a pair of Costa Harpoons in 580 glass. They fell off my cap to the cement and broke right in the middle of the nose, between both frames. Can I send them in for a replacement pair of glasses ?

Go online start a claim. Wait for new glasses to arrive in the mail. Easy peasee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by joeshooter View Post
                              Go here. https://customersupport.luxottica.co...stadelmar.html

You will have to create an account. It will ask you for proof of purchase - that is not needed for sunglasses so you can skip it. Upload pictures of the damage and submit the claim then just wait and see what they say. Really easy.

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                                I've never had issues with their warranty service in the past and have sent several pairs in. I just wasn't thrilled when I got the email today offering me plastic lens in exchange for my glass lenses. I think I'll try the method recommended here and see what ends up happening.

What I was told is that their inventory in the repairs/service side is different than the general website, so they just give various options.
                                I agree, I would not be happy with a plastic offering when you sent in glass. The chatroom helps. If you get a bad representative unwilling to work with you, just reload the chat.

Comment

Working...
                                X