Alaska brown bear archery hunt (pic heavy) recap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
    Heck of a story! So when you say 8', is that from butt to head, standing like you measure a human, or what? No clue how bears are measured. That thing is huge

For bears. You lay out the hide and measure from the tip of the tail to the tip of the nose (8’4”), then measure the distance across from one front paw to the other (8’5”). You add the two numbers and divide by two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Outstanding...much gratitude for taking the time to take for the ride along!!

Comment

What an adventure. Congratulations!
        Lesto!!

Comment

Congrats! Thanks for sharing! Photos and Videos were outstanding!

Comment

Freaking awesome! Congrats. The size of that beast!!

Comment

No words. Just flat out AWESOME! Congrats on a great trophy!

Comment

Can't imagine the pucker factor being that close to one. I would have to drink a gallon of magnesium citrate to get right again.

Comment

Congratulations on the bear. What an incredible creature. This thread was GREAT and I thoroughly enjoyed reading your account of the hunt. Also loved the pictures and video clips. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

thank you for sharing! This is the coolest story i've read in a long time. Really refreshing to read about a productive hunt after months of bad news!

Comment

Very enjoyable thread, congratulations on the bear!

Comment

Congratulations. What a bear. What a story. Thanks for taking us along with you. Here’s my favorite part, and this is as good an intro into a hunting story as anything I’ve read in hunting magazines:

I just wanted to be done. At 6 pm a big bear rushes in acting completely different than what we had been seeing. He was digging his head into the sand where sows had been, rolling in it. Jim gives me the thumbs up, I attach the release, and prepare to draw. The bear catches movement and looks directly at me, he's facing me head on and I have no shot. I freeze.

You pack so much into those few sentences. Not only are you a great hunter to take a brown bear with a bow, but you are a great story teller too. An outstanding adventure, thanks again for posting this for us.

Comment

Fantastic! What a write-up, and what a bear!

Comment

Very nice! Congratulations. I wish everyone had the opportunity to hunt with Jonah. He's top shelf!
                            Thanks for sharing this amazing hunt with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                              For bears. You lay out the hide and measure from the tip of the tail to the tip of the nose (8’4”), then measure the distance across from one front paw to the other (8’5”). You add the two numbers and divide by two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Wow! Huge for sure. So an 8' bear standing up is more like 10' tall?

Comment

Congrats to you sir! Thanks for taking us along for the ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X