Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people actually call them **** rustlers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's is what I've always called them.

Comment

Never heard the term, but I'll jump on board. Wouldn't be the worst name I've called them. I watched my dad run a fin through his finger while taking one off the hook when I was a kid. Not sure what kind of devils juice lives on those fins but it is brutal!

Comment

Tourist trout

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
          My dad always called them T u r d Hustler. Never heard of a rustler before until now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Same with my Dad.

Comment

What is the difference between eating a TR and a freshwater catfish? Freshwater catfish get eaten up. People love frying them. I have never eaten a TR, but what is different about them? Serious inquiry

Comment

I call them every name in the book, I hate catching them. I let them try to get off at the boat for a second before I have to unhook them.

Guy I used to fish with would sling them around and whack the side of his boat with them and they would go flying. He didn't care if it broke his hook/line, just wanted them dead or flying in the air. I don't quite go that far. lol

I also know a guy that kills every single one he catches and then unhooks them.

Comment

Is it like a tur d herder?

Comment

Originally posted by jsctx84 View Post
                  What is the difference between eating a TR and a freshwater catfish? Freshwater catfish get eaten up. People love frying them. I have never eaten a TR, but what is different about them? Serious inquiry
                  I saw a guy on a pier with a cooler FULL of them. He was happy as could be. I just said nice haul and kept fishing.

No idea what they taste like nor do I want to even try them.

Comment

I fished a few times with an old Cajun out of Grand Isle named Captain Zuti. He has guided for decades and hates hardheads to the core of his being. Every time somebody caught one he pulled out a 2 foot piece of pipe and clubbed them with much force and anger. He then called them something vulgar in French before tossing them - he loved killing hardheads

Comment

Can’t stand them. I’m also very careful unhooking because of something I witnessed happen to a friend. We were in Lighthouse Lakes by port aransas and really slamming the redfish. He hooked a 8” hardhead and tried grapping the hook with needle nose pliers and flinging the hardhead off. The fish came off and the dorsal fin went ALL THE WAY thru his big toe right up against the bone. He lost consciousness... we reeled in two more redfish and headed in.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

Got this pic from another website. Dude said it hurt like no other. TR fin.

I still have a scar on my hand in the exact same spot from one that got me in 2007. Felt like gasoline in my veins was on fire and ended up having to get a tetanus shot.

Comment

When I was a kid we called them t u r d rustlers or tourist trout. I still call 'em TRs.

Comment

How many people actually call them **** rustlers??

Always called the TR for short. Taught a couple young gentlemen the term just last week. Just doing my part to keep the youth educated.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                              I saw a guy on a pier with a cooler FULL of them. He was happy as could be. I just said nice haul and kept fishing.

No idea what they taste like nor do I want to even try them.
                              A buddy and I got real drunk as teenagers catching them in the surf. Some guys were giving us a beer for each.

They were headed offshore the next day and using them as ling bait.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

Got this pic from another website. Dude said it hurt like no other. TR fin.

I've been stuck in that same spot twice in my life by them. Worst one was when I was fishing on the 3rd bar that went completely through. No pliers with me so I had to swim back while holding it. Got to the truck and cut it off at the base and jerked it out with vise grips. Hurt like hell but I was back fishing an hour later.

I can't say here what we called them.

Comment

Working...
                                X