Clear All

Thats awesome!

Who was the outfitter/ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Thats awesome!

Who was the outfitter/ranch?
      Straight from post #105 ......

"Someone asked earlier if we could share where we were and the guy that ran this hunt for me asked us not to share the ranch. He said we could say it was 7 miles south of Mountain Home."

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
        Straight from post #105 ......

"Someone asked earlier if we could share where we were and the guy that ran this hunt for me asked us not to share the ranch. He said we could say it was 7 miles south of Mountain Home."
        My bad. Completely glossed over that.

Thats a shame they can’t share that information. Lots of people would be super interested in a low-fence axis hunt like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post

My bad. Completely glossed over that.

Thats a shame they can’t share that information. Lots of people would be super interested in a low-fence axis hunt like that.

I agree but this is a large private property that in my opinion is a diamond in the rough.

From my understanding they do not hunt it commercially in any form.

Invite only and they only kill 10 axis bucks per year.

My guess is they want to preserve this place and keep those quality animals with minimal pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
            You take them an axis and they give you one already mounted in return, it works out well

congrats an the animals, that's a good way to spend a few days during the summer. Post some pictures of those animals once they get hung up

Here are some pics of elk making it to his final resting place.

All of these animals in our “great room” aka kitchen, dining, and living open floor plan were all done by Rocking U Taxidermy.

His attention to detail is amazing.

The waterfowl are done by Final Flight Waterfowl Taxidermy in LaGrange.

Comment

I will also add about Rocking U, he explained in great detail about what should be done when hanging the Elk. Actually, he pre-hangs everything in his shop to tweak the brackets. Being a new beautiful new home, not gonna lie, I was a little nervous. We measured at least 4 times for that hole that no one what’s to screw up. Installed the anchor and left the amount sticking out that Brad recommended. Took 4 of us to lift it up there and slide the bracket down on the anchor bolt. I’m proud to announce, from Brads instructions, we nailed it first time. Another memory for me from field, to freezer, to wall.

Comment

Following a story like this on TBH is the next best thing to being there. Thanks for taking us along on this hunt. Great animals and great times with family in the Texas Hill Country. Outstanding.

Comment

Great animals Ross! Nicely done

Comment

Working...
                  X