Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Stock Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    DRIV is my EV ETF that im leaning on. THCX is my marijuana ETF. Added both with the new idiots driving the ship
    DRIV looks interesting top 10 holdings. I was expecting TSLA and PLUG but was also expecting more SPACs like SBE or CLII. Instead it has QCOM, AAPL, GOOG, etc. in it. Not that those are bad stocks, just not what I expect when I think of EV. I know they all have their hand in EV development but I already have positions in them and was hoping on an ETF to help me diversify in the EV space without having to pick individual stocks.

I am looking at the SPACs for Chargepoint, EVGo and EVBox. I believe Biden has said something about 500,000 charging stations around the US. I think that is 5x what we have today.

Also look up the EV bus leaders. Once covid fears are over and people are going back to work, expect a push for more electric busses in major cities. Lion electric is one im watching there.

I need to check out the marijuana etf. I'm in MJ and they look like the have a lot of the same in the top10. I got in that one early so I dont think THCX was around back then. I'm going to compare the two sometime this week.

On the marijuana stocks, im also trading a penny stock BLOZF. They are creating a MJ breathalyzer. I first got in at .08 for 10,000 shares then bought another 10,000 at .35. They recently got a patent in the US and stock has jumped to above 1.50. If they get a couple of US police departments to do a trial, I would expect another jump along when they finally start selling. I got in cheap enough that im just going to let it run and see what happens.
    Last edited by BigL; 01-31-2021, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Sitting here hoping WKHS doesn’t get limited on Robinhood again. I’m ready to see that baby run some more

Comment

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I am not a Reddit person but I understand it is a forum website like TBH? So is there a certain thread on there that started the GME thing and is what everyone is following/posting on? Just curious?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          Sorry if this is a stupid question. I am not a Reddit person but I understand it is a forum website like TBH? So is there a certain thread on there that started the GME thing and is what everyone is following/posting on? Just curious?
          WSB - wallstreetbets is a sub forum on reddit (like around the campfire here), there is also a robinhood penny stocks forum. That with twitter was the catalyst

I like a couple of the discord groups too

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
            What price did you get in at? I got 75 shares at 193. Got out at 275 in less than 30 min. That was a quick 6k in my IRA (aka tax free). I wanted to do more but work kept getting in the way and everytime. I don't want to hold GME long term so was just going to go in & out like that. I won't be able to trade tomorrow but may be able to do more on Tuesday or Wednesday afternoons.

*** This is what has been working for me, although it is a gamble and others may not have the same results. ***

I'm kinda all over the board. I was first buying at $36-$38 back on Jan 19th. Since then, I've been holding 50 but buying 10-20 shares on the daily dip ($229 this morning) and then selling after the $40-$50 price swings. Due to the volatility, I've been able to do this 2-3 times a day, making $1000+ each time.

Comment

Fwiw

[ATTACH]1038987[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                I may have missed it in earlier posts...

With what Biden is pushing, been thinking bout EV ETF's for a portion of my portfolio. Just started researching them.

Anyone going this route?
                Yes I ahve some now and have made almost $20k off TESLA.

I recently got into some other EV's for the long haul

Comment

Anyone have any insight on GEVO?

Comment

Okay, I'm completely new to the stock market game. Can y'all give me some of your personal opinions/advice, please?

1) What platform is best to buy stocks?

2) What stocks would be good to buy long-term/short-term?

3) What's the one most useful lesson you've learned in your time buying/selling stocks?

TIA

Jared

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                      Okay, I'm completely new to the stock market game. Can y'all give me some of your personal opinions/advice, please?

1) What platform is best to buy stocks?

2) What stocks would be good to buy long-term/short-term?

3) What's the one most useful lesson you've learned in your time buying/selling stocks?

TIA

Jared
                      1) I use TD Ameritrade (Think or Swim platform)

2) Do not take hot stock tips. Learn how to research and buy and sell based on your comfort level. Think or Swim has an excellent learning center and as an added bonus, you can practice using monopoly money. Another good learning center is Investopedia.com

3) Self education and only use money I'm willing and able to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                        1) I use TD Ameritrade (Think or Swim platform)

2) Do not take hot stock tips. Learn how to research and buy and sell based on your comfort level. Think or Swim has an excellent learning center and as an added bonus, you can practice using monopoly money. Another good learning center is Investopedia.com

3) Self education and only use money I'm willing and able to lose.
                        Thank you for you advice, sir. I truly appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          Sitting here hoping WKHS doesn’t get limited on Robinhood again. I’m ready to see that baby run some more
                          Running nicely! That’s what I needed today haha

Comment

Workhorse or Nikola for EV?

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Workhorse or Nikola for EV?
                              my homework for tonight. I'm looking at EV ETF's

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                                my homework for tonight. I'm looking at EV ETF's
                                Please share you homework once complete

Comment

Working...
                                X