Stock Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J_Foster View Post
    No I wouldn't think so. However, I wouldn't want my money there on principle alone.

Wonder how many of the hedges were able to close their positions and get off the hook because these platforms put us in time-out while they were allowed to continue trading?

Essentially, they didn't do this to "protect" the little guy. They did it to give their cronies a way out, in the process screwing us.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This rabbit hole goes WAY deep. No idea what's true or not but Supposedly Feds (of some kind) called all the brokers and basically told them to stop or restrict trading. That any Yellen has been getting lots of money from Citadel. Google yellen citadel Have fun

But it's really straight up stealing how they did it. 100% calculated. Anyone who has traded more than a day knows that all of those stocks were 100% being run up by momentum traders. So you take away the ability to buy instantly but at the same time announce everyone can still sell. Gee what could the outcome possibly be? And the only reason GME didn't tank to $10 was because the hedge funds were buying every single share during those hours to cover their shorts. So they could buy because that's "closing a position".

Comment

Thanks, Bud. That's the outcome as I understand it as well.

I just grabbed 10 more shares of GME to try and regain some of the momentum that was lost today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Up GME is up $100 after hours trading.
        So they restrict buys during business hours, but let them run after close?

Comment

From my buddy that used to hound me to buy bitcoin for $50 back in 2013...

“Citadel is the PE that is short GME and represents 75% of RobinHoods revenue plus board seats. So yeah, conflict of interest there. But, wait for it, Janet Yellen our new Treasury Secretary, received 800K in "speaking fees" from Citadel last year. Of course, they seem to have a fondness for her given that she use to be Reserve Bank Chairman ( people that print the money and decide who to give it to)”

What we are seeing is full corruption in our financial system. This isn’t some stupid Qanon crap, this is very easy to track. DeFi is the future.

Comment

Originally posted by WRasco View Post
            Up GME is up $100 after hours trading.
            So they restrict buys during business hours, but let them run after close?
            and up another 100 in Pre Market hours

Comment

Robbinghood has now restricted crypto trading. What retail investor is going to keep their money with them at this point? Loving the action in precious metals. Maybe short positions in general are unwinding and the broader market and especially tech will sell off to cover short losses.
              Last edited by TwoHighways; 01-29-2021, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                Robbinghood has now restricted crypto trading. What retail investor is going to keep their money with them at this point? Loving the action in precious metals. Maybe short positions in general are unwinding and the broader market and especially tech will sell off to cover short losses.
                Called it. These Redditors are gunna trigger a major, much needed correction. Don't even care that I'm losing money right now. Just an opportunity to buy stocks with good fundamentals at a discount with the dry powder I do have. Just wonder how long they'll be able to sustain the inflated GME price before more margin calls and forced covering of phantom GME shorts ensues.
                Last edited by TwoHighways; 01-29-2021, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Prime day to buy. Taking a beating. Been a rough 7-10 days

Comment

Called it. These Redditors are gunna trigger a major, much needed correction. Don't even care that I'm losing money right now. Just an opportunity to buy stocks with good fundamentals at a discount with the dry powder I do have. Just wonder how long they'll be able to sustain the inflated GME price before more margin calls and forced covering of phantom GME shorts ensues.
                    Most of their talk is sure holding into at least next week.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      Most of their talk is sure holding into at least next week.
                      A lot of people are motivated more by principle than profit it seems. Good for anyone with the fortitude to hold over the weekend.

Comment

A lot of people are motivated more by principle than profit it seems. Good for anyone with the fortitude to hold over the weekend.
                        I agree. Tons of comments about not caring if they lose as long as Hedge Funds take a death blow. Now whether they're really willing to lose their money or not we will see because it has to come down at some point. Some of those guys are up waaaay to much not to cash in.

One of the posters showed is position yesterday or day before and his 200K investment was already up to 2.7mil

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          I agree. Tons of comments about not caring if they lose as long as Hedge Funds take a death blow. Now whether they're really willing to lose their money or not we will see because it has to come down at some point. Some of those guys are up waaaay to much not to cash in.

One of the posters showed is position yesterday or day before and his 200K investment was already up to 2.7mil
                          Somebody with 200k to risk for the cause is likely pretty wealthy anyway. I doubt many put their entire life savings into this, and if they did, it probably doesn’t amount to more than a few shares. Interesting times. Would love to see it close over $300 even though I have no vested interest in it.

Comment

It will be interesting to see if aoc continues to speak out against this. There are some big wig dems wrapped up in this that will want to sweep it away. They may silence her. Or maybe they will sacrifice Yellen, she is crooked and all wrapped up in it.

Comment

Originally posted by 98ag View Post
                              It will be interesting to see if aoc continues to speak out against this. There are some big wig dems wrapped up in this that will want to sweep it away. They may silence her. Or maybe they will sacrifice Yellen, she is crooked and all wrapped up in it.
                              Sacrificing Yellen would be a huge blow to the market. I need to look at dipping my toes into those leveraged ultrashort ETF’s as trading vehicles in the days/weeks to come.

Comment

What firms are truly at risk? Citadel could definitely be at risk for corruption. Who are the others that either lost money or could go down with an investigation. This could be the financial sectors Enron.

Comment

Working...
                                X