No announcement yet.

Stock Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the government have to report what stocks they are buying?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
      crazy what ZM is doing. I sold that stock way to soon.....
      But I don't understand how people invest in a stock that is has a P/E of 2500+. It was in the 80's when I bought it
      I sold as well a few days back at $295.
      Made good $ on it, but wish I had all those shares back.

Comment

TAP has been trading sideways for months and not paying a dividend. May have to punt on my position when it bounces back (down close to 2% on the day). Don’t know why it’s underperformed in comparison to Budweiser (which I also own). Not patient enough when gold and silver are likely to break out again soon. Wondering when oil will follow suit. Long chevron, Exxon, and marathon and in the red on all of them currently. Defensive utility stocks have also been losing as of late (Southern company in particular). May add more to average down if it goes below 50. Mostly in it for the dividend and for stability, but hell, AT&T is yielding more currently.

The tech stocks are absolutely nuts. I won’t chase those, but wish I would have gotten in a long time ago. Oh well.
        Last edited by TwoHighways; 09-01-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

As selling pressure intensifies, I suspect more calls for stimulus will take hold. Dipped my toes into smith and Wesson today. We’ll see how it plays out as a quick trade. Down 10% today.

Comment

Hang on to the roller coaster

Comment

If/when the FED stops buying it's going to get ugly. They have held the markets up too long.

IMO - markets are close to where they should be after factoring in inflation etc.. But it will overreact to the downside soon.

And tomorrow being Friday may get real ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                It was a small oil/gas company and I knew they were close to the fence. Mostly short term traded it and just took the small 10-20% gains as it moved cyclically a bunch. Purchased 2 weeks before it flopped for good. Bought and sold it a bunch over the years and ended up with a trailer, suppressor, and 1/4 of a tractor on earnings so long term I’m still ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Was it CHAP? I know a few who lost a pile on that one. Hope you make it all back quick!

Comment

Gold holding steady, silver off a couple percentage points. None of my accounts are off by more than 1.5%. Is this just the tech bubble bursting and if so, will we see a capital shift into commodities and stagflation or a broad selloff of everything?

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn27 View Post
                    Was it CHAP? I know a few who lost a pile on that one. Hope you make it all back quick!

DNR

Comment

KCAC. It’s an EV battery company. I have been following and buying a few other EV stocks. I’ve done well on most. SHLL did real good but I think it has hit the top. I was gonna pull the trigger on KCAC Monday but went with another choice last minute. These EV and EV battery companies can jump off

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        KCAC. It’s an EV battery company. I have been following and buying a few other EV stocks. I’ve done well on most. SHLL did real good but I think it has hit the top. I was gonna pull the trigger on KCAC Monday but went with another choice last minute. These EV and EV battery companies can jump off
                        I don’t think SHLL hits a top until post merger. Definitely a pre merger top. I’m in with $17 and change average so I will at least give it that much time

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          SHLL won’t top out until the merger. I sold half my position at 110% and got my original investment out. Playing with house money now until the merger. Nothing to lose.

Comment

DNR

Ironic ticket symbol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

DNR

I got stuck with a little bit of that too. fortunately mine was basically "freebies" after trading it a few times.

Comment

Welp, was either early or late (getting into oil from when it went negative back in March). The decision to punt now and take significant realized losses and try to get in at a lower price point, or ride out the wave of selling out is what I’m looking at now. Deflation for a debtor nation simply isn’t an option and the Fed knows it.

Comment

Working...
                                X