Stock Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mofo View Post
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on XOM announcing they are stopping 401k matches on Oct 5th?
    Not sure what that’s gonna do but those guys still have about 50% or more of their Permian rigs left to lay down according to plans I have heard. They are late to the game on cutting back

Comment

Originally posted by Mofo View Post
      What’s everyone’s thoughts on XOM announcing they are stopping 401k matches on Oct 5th?
      Well that explains how they will pay out the dividend they are committing to, with all the debt they have. Tells me something too since they shut down all our work inside the Baytown facility and forced us to layoff around 50 or more people.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
        Well that explains how they will pay out the dividend they are committing to, with all the debt they have. Tells me something too since they shut down all our work inside the Baytown facility and forced us to layoff around 50 or more people.

Everyone says they are too big to fail, but this may be the end of the massive size of Exxon. I would buy and wait for a turn around in oil, but the amount of debt they have is huge. It's scary.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post

Everyone says they are too big to fail, but this may be the end of the massive size of Exxon. I would buy and wait for a turn around in oil, but the amount of debt they have is huge. It's scary.
          Despite all that debt, I'm sure they have enough tucked away for lobbyist spending to pursuade a bail out from congress if needed. They are too big and too much debt for there to be many others companies intered in an acquisition at this point, even if it's at a heavy discount. I doubt they fail, somehow they'll pull through even without filing for restructure. It just won't be a pretty image. They should have cut the dividend the day oil went negative and the tanks filled up. That should have been their wake up call.

Comment

Buy them while they are getting beat up.

Comment

What are y’all going off of on when to sell? I have been buying and holding and just riding the waves. Luckily I seemed to have gotten in at a good time on most so am up just not as high at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh-Rat View Post
                What are y’all going off of on when to sell? I have been buying and holding and just riding the waves. Luckily I seemed to have gotten in at a good time on most so am up just not as high at times.
                If I have made enough I try to get my original investment out and play on "house money". I have already done that with Halliburton and Schlumberger. Could with Tesla, but I think there is still room to make more profit. Willing to ride that one for a larger return.

Comment

What stock are you guys following now?

Comment

No idea what's driving this movement other than the unemployment report. I've enjoyed these outdoor businesses lately. I bought back in to this the other day after it dipped from the earnings spike. Expected it to take a couple days to hit my target, and it blew past that target and kept on running today. I may regret it, but i cashed out just below that high. We'll see what it does monday, but i can't help but think this may rip up like SPWH did.

Comment

Stock I liked to day trade went chapter 11 belly up and lost a bunch. Was hoping for a big comeback but got the other side. I risked and lost on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                        Stock I liked to day trade went chapter 11 belly up and lost a bunch. Was hoping for a big comeback but got the other side. I risked and lost on that one.

Sorry for that loss. Sometimes, stocks are still traded after filing Chapter 11, but 99% of the time they are worthless when they come out of bankruptcy, so I have never understood why people gamble on them; crazy! Were you not aware of their financial condition before buying it? Ever look at their financials?

Comment

I bought FLSY as it took a hit from the TicTok news and had about 15% in in. Took some hits late in the week and figured it a good buying time. Workhorse I also bought with news of some financial backing and manufacturing plant.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Sorry for that loss. Sometimes, stocks are still traded after filing Chapter 11, but 99% of the time they are worthless when they come out of bankruptcy, so I have never understood why people gamble on them; crazy! Were you not aware of their financial condition before buying it? Ever look at their financials?

It was a small oil/gas company and I knew they were close to the fence. Mostly short term traded it and just took the small 10-20% gains as it moved cyclically a bunch. Purchased 2 weeks before it flopped for good. Bought and sold it a bunch over the years and ended up with a trailer, suppressor, and 1/4 of a tractor on earnings so long term I’m still ahead.

Comment

crazy what ZM is doing. I sold that stock way to soon.....
                              But I don't understand how people invest in a stock that is has a P/E of 2500+. It was in the 80's when I bought it

Comment

ZM high today was 487 LOL This market is insane. There's no telling what will happen in the future. The main big question is will the FED ever sell the stocks they've been buying? Do people even understand that their taxes have been buying/pushing stocks to record highs?

If they stop buying, or worse start selling, will the markets tank? My W.A.G. is the FED never sells but they will buy when it appears markets will crash. It's the new savior to the markets. Ever since rates hit zero and the FED was "out of ammo" people wondered. But it appears this is the new plan.

It's kind of scary thinking the FED owns so much. That raises all sorts of questions. Will small companies ever have a chance anymore without being in bed with the government?

Apple - 2.2 trillion market cap. Tesla 460 billion MC. etc.. It's plain stupid at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X