No announcement yet.

Colorado Big Game Draw This Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

credit card got hit for the tag. But nothing posted on the CPW site for my account yet. So I drew a tag of some sort

Comment

No email, no CC hit, and still just saying "entered" on the Colorado website. It doesn't look good.

Comment

Originally posted by coonazz View Post
        No email, no CC hit, and still just saying "entered" on the Colorado website. It doesn't look good.
        I'm there with you. Typically its been CC hits around 9 pm, then they trickle in through about noon the next day. So there is still hope!

What's crazy, me and two other guys applied as a part to a unit with 60% draw odds. CO system is set up such that if one of us draws, all of us draw. If we don't end up drawing, how all three of us didn't draw is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          I'm there with you. Typically its been CC hits around 9 pm, then they trickle in through about noon the next day. So there is still hope!

What's crazy, me and two other guys applied as a part to a unit with 60% draw odds. CO system is set up such that if one of us draws, all of us draw. If we don't end up drawing, how all three of us didn't draw is beyond me.
          Colorado uses the point total for the lowest number of points in the group.. so if you have 5 points and a buddy has 2 they are using his point total.. if yall drawn you spend 5 points to hunt what he spent 2 to hunt..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
            Colorado uses the point total for the lowest number of points in the group.. so if you have 5 points and a buddy has 2 they are using his point total.. if yall drawn you spend 5 points to hunt what he spent 2 to hunt..
            Thanks. We aren't using points. The unit has 60% draw odds with zero points. So three of us, if one draws, we all draw. Unless Colorado has changed that, but when I last checked two years ago, only one had to draw for all three to pull our tags.

Comment

Originally posted by MRWHITE87 View Post
              I got charged 670 for unit 71. woohoo!
              That’s where we are hunting too. Think we plan on being there 2nd thru 13th of sept.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                Drew 2nd rifle season for deer!
                And my buddy who also drew deer with me got an archery elk tag; two Colorado trips for us!

Comment

Card got hit! Archery elk it is!

Comment

Thanks. We aren't using points. The unit has 60% draw odds with zero points. So three of us, if one draws, we all draw. Unless Colorado has changed that, but when I last checked two years ago, only one had to draw for all three to pull our tags.
                    It seems like CO changes their regs every year or two so don't be surprised if they are doing things differently now. Hope you guys get drawn and have some success!

Comment

Originally posted by Txbownut View Post
                      Card got hit! Archery elk it is!
                      Did it get hit this morning?

I'm in for a pretty easy draw with 4 points (or so I thought), but I still haven't seen anything on this yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        It seems like CO changes their regs every year or two so don't be surprised if they are doing things differently now. Hope you guys get drawn and have some success!
                        Yeah, we will go otc if we don't draw,. The issue is now they have "second draw" through August, and then otc available after that. We were going to scout a month before the season started, and hunt the first week prior to muzzleloader.

Now we won't know where to scout until 4 weeks prior, much less where to fly into. First world problems I suppose lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
                          That’s where we are hunting too. Think we plan on being there 2nd thru 13th of sept.
                          I was thinking about overlapping a week with either the first or last of muzzleloader. It seems to ME that muzzleloader has been placed in what may be the peak rut. But I could be wrong. I went in 2018 for second rifle and we saw everything BUT a legal bull. Cows, calfs, mulies, Turkey, cougar (the human kind on trail) and TONS of bear sign.

I feel that if i can get there when they're vocal, I can find em and if I can find em, I'll have a shot.

Comment

Card was hit this morning for elk draw. Another shot at 1st Rifle 82 for us.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you are right on the if 1 draws all draw..

Comment

We were drawn for first rifle, Elk in Unit 55.

Comment

Working...
                                X