Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Massive blood trail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty trail

Comment

One of my two favorite BHs--good old razorhead or Rothaar Snuffer.

Here's my best blood trail---Raxorhead thru the heart quartering away with the exit in the opposite armpit.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
        One of my two favorite BHs--good old razorhead or Rothaar Snuffer.

Here's my best blood trail---Raxorhead thru the heart quartering away with the exit in the opposite armpit.

Wow! That was a pumper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where did you find those old Bear broadheads? Those were the first broad heads I ever bought and used about 1983 or 1984. I shot a javelina with one, one time. Looked like someone took a bucket of blood and poured a trail for about 15 ft., then there lay the javelina.

Nice old bow, would be cool to get out and shoot some pigs with a old long bow or recurve.
          Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-29-2020, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Nice. Good kill.. I love those old BEAR Super Razor heads.. I bet I still have 20 of them.. I shot the 145gr. with the blue ferrel..

Comment

Easy tracking! Awesome job!

Comment

Nothing wrong with that!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                  Where did you find those old Bear broadheads? Those were the first broad heads I ever bought and used about 1983 or 1984. I shot a javelina with one, one time. Looked like someone took a bucket of blood and poured a trail for about 15 ft., then there lay the javelina.

Nice old bow, would be cool to get out and shoot some pigs with a old long bow or recurve.

The Bears are hard to find. They were my 1st broads (1981) and I always keep an eye out for them.

I shot a young buck one year with one behind a 2117 from a 60lb Bear Pronghorn. I was on the ground at 12 yards. The arrow went between two ribs on the left, cut a rib coming out and skittered through the leaves. The little buck did not know what happened. He was staring at the arrow trying to figure out what it was, took two steps and dropped.

I did the same as you with my 1st javelina in 86 or 87 hunting at the Escondido Ranch in South TX. I miss that place. $35/day. That javelina knew he was hit because he exploded in the air with a roar like a lion. I never saw anything react that fast before.

Thanks for the comments. Have a good one.

Comment

Thank you all for the comments.

Happy hunting...

Comment

Nice shootimg!

Comment

Very nice shooting!

Comment

Nice, I'm stickin a few but not yet lucky enough to hit the sweet spot on last 2 pass through - good shot !

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Good shot sir....

KAP

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pigpopper View Post
                                The Bears are hard to find. They were my 1st broads (1981) and I always keep an eye out for them.

I shot a young buck one year with one behind a 2117 from a 60lb Bear Pronghorn. I was on the ground at 12 yards. The arrow went between two ribs on the left, cut a rib coming out and skittered through the leaves. The little buck did not know what happened. He was staring at the arrow trying to figure out what it was, took two steps and dropped.

I did the same as you with my 1st javelina in 86 or 87 hunting at the Escondido Ranch in South TX. I miss that place. $35/day. That javelina knew he was hit because he exploded in the air with a roar like a lion. I never saw anything react that fast before.

Thanks for the comments. Have a good one.

The old days. I forgot what arrows I used to shoot. I remember I could not afford the XX75s for many years, so I shot the Easton arrow that was a step down from the XX75s, I don't remember what it was. Then I don't remember what size arrow I used to shoot from my old Ben Pearson. I had a old Ben Pearson 50 lb. pull bow back then. I was extremely accurate with that old slow blow. My cousin never had anything to say after he tried to show off at some archery range in Beeville, where we met up one time. Someone had some playing cards on the back stop. I was able to shoot all three hearts on a 3 of hearts card. He was doing good to hit the card. Back in those days, he was shooting one of those old Bear bows with the six wheels. That bow was so slow. Then he insisted on shooting the heaviest arrows he could find. I kept telling him not to try shooting spears off of his bow. That thing had a rainbow like trajectory at 20 yards, with the arrows he shot. I think he was shooting something like 2218s. I think at one point I was shooting some 2016s. I have been trying to remember what the lower grade Eastons were called, that I shot for years, before I could afford the XX75s. Then I did not shoot the XX75s long before they came out with the Beeman carbon fiber arrows and I stepped up to those in the early 90s.

The javelina I shot, was just walking through the brush, I shot it, it stopped, then slowly walked along, till it dropped over. That was only about a 10 to maybe 15 yard shot. We were hunting outside of Big Wells, back then.

Comment

Working...
                                X