Throwin Darts’ Trailcam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
    This may help for now. I take one and a half panels zip tied together and make a circle. I drive a t post on opposite sides of that circle to keep the cows from pushing the pen to get to the camera. In the center of that circle I drive a t post and mount the camera. Then I take something and hang it on the panel in front of the camera (usually a work glove) and call for a Live Photo from the covert. Using where the glove is in the pic I can tell which panels I need to cut out to get a good view of the feeder. I move the glove around and call for pics to make sure I’m not cutting the wrong portion or too much off of the panel. I make sure to keep at least the top two sections of panel in place so that the cows can’t stick their head through or push down on the top of the panel to get to the camera. After setting up these "mini pens" for the cameras I have yet to have a cow get to one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Missed this earlier. I like it!

Comment

Who says you have to go to Aquarena Springs to see a swimming pig?

Comment

Cool pic

Comment

Keep'm coming Dustin! Great pics!

Comment

Couple nice pics today of bucks at water

Comment

These are awesome pics! Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Very cool pics.

Comment

wow, very cool pics. what part of young county? nice bucks this must be a big place or you have good neighbors or both. I'm north of Olney, east of Megargel in Archer county

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                    wow, very cool pics. what part of young county? nice bucks this must be a big place or you have good neighbors or both. I'm north of Olney, east of Megargel in Archer county
                    I'm west of Newcastle. I have a decent sized place and I work with the neighbors to let the bucks age. I bought the place in 2017 and the older classes were shot out but with some patience we now have some older bucks walking around.

Comment

Nice sunrise tank pic

Comment

cool pic

Comment

Thanks again for the great pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                            This may help for now. I take one and a half panels zip tied together and make a circle. I drive a t post on opposite sides of that circle to keep the cows from pushing the pen to get to the camera. In the center of that circle I drive a t post and mount the camera. Then I take something and hang it on the panel in front of the camera (usually a work glove) and call for a Live Photo from the covert. Using where the glove is in the pic I can tell which panels I need to cut out to get a good view of the feeder. I move the glove around and call for pics to make sure I’m not cutting the wrong portion or too much off of the panel. I make sure to keep at least the top two sections of panel in place so that the cows can’t stick their head through or push down on the top of the panel to get to the camera. After setting up these "mini pens" for the cameras I have yet to have a cow get to one.

The cows have moved my cameras for the last time. Lol

Thanks for posting this. I’ll be building a “camera pen” this coming week. They have turned every one of my cameras I put out.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                              The cows have moved my cameras for the last time. Lol

Thanks for posting this. I’ll be building a “camera pen” this coming week. They have turned every one of my cameras I put out.

It’s like the cows don’t want us getting buck pics. Punks!

Comment

Wow. This is an awesome thread. Not sure how I have missed it. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X