Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

1st SpaceX manned flight . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    This thing is going to effin space, but can't fly in wind?
    Three weather violations today that are major hang ups. Lightning and liquid O2 propellant are not really compatible, lol. The weather downrange was an issue for recovery and evacuation as well. I also heard slight rain and electrostatics in the immediate proximity were factors as well.

I hope they pull it off on Saturday.

Comment

I’ve got a bad feeling about this one

Comment

One thing is clear, SpaceX has got more style than NASA ever did. The inside of that thing looks clean as a Tesla. Their suits are slick as owl s**t too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
          One thing is clear, SpaceX has got more style than NASA ever did. The inside of that thing looks clean as a Tesla. Their suits are slick as owl s**t too.
          That's fact!! lol. Those are some serious key pads on the arm rests.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
            I’ve got a bad feeling about this one

So do I and I’m not normally that way. Pray We are wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Three weather violations today that are major hang ups. Lightning and liquid O2 propellant are not really compatible, lol. The weather downrange was an issue for recovery and evacuation as well. I also heard slight rain and electrostatics in the immediate proximity were factors as well.

I hope they pull it off on Saturday.

I was mostly joking. I fully admit to all I don’t know about this stuff, and defer to the experts.

My own reservations about space exploration aside...what they’re doing is cool as hell, and I keep all involved in my prayers. The absolute balls it takes to set in that dude are second to none on this planet....or any other.

I’m here for all of the American ingenuity and testicular fortitude.

To think this country is terrified over a virus with a .02% chance of killing the average citizen, and those guys are gonna set on top of a whole **** ton of super explosive stuff with an end game of winding up in space....that’s courage!

Comment

4.9 miles per second at over 17,500 mph to get into space.....can you imagine what that feels like!

Comment

Have a close friend that was Lead Director of Dragon. He moved to another company few years back but is still building rockets. He is a very smart person but surprisingly down to Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                    So do I and I’m not normally that way. Pray We are wrong

Me too

Comment

To think this country is terrified over a virus with a .02% chance of killing the average citizen, and those guys are gonna set on top of a whole **** ton of super explosive stuff with an end game of winding up in space....that’s courage!

I don't think most people grasp that. It's basically a really fancy bottle rocket. Thousands of years from now kids are going to say "you mean those prehistoric humans sat on top of a giant pile of explosives and shot themselves into space?!"

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                        I don't think most people grasp that. It's basically a really fancy bottle rocket. Thousands of years from now kids are going to say "you mean those prehistoric humans sat on top of a giant pile of explosives and shot themselves into space?!"
                        We had some small test motors for testing fuel mixtures. They were about 4ft long. We were trying our best to talk the owner into letting us put one on a gokart.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                          We had some small test motors for testing fuel mixtures. They were about 4ft long. We were trying our best to talk the owner into letting us put one on a gokart.
                          Haha that sounds like an awesome job, not going to lie

Comment

I was mostly joking. I fully admit to all I don’t know about this stuff, and defer to the experts.

My own reservations about space exploration aside...what they’re doing is cool as hell, and I keep all involved in my prayers. The absolute balls it takes to set in that dude are second to none on this planet....or any other.

I’m here for all of the American ingenuity and testicular fortitude.

There is a great podcast called "Apollo 1, What We Saw" that is on Apple Podcast. The narrator is Bill Whittle. It goes into great detail on the huge lift space travel was (and still is) and how we accomplished such great engineering feats. I highly recommend it, very informative but also entertaining.

There is also a youtube video on the SR-71 called "The engineering behind the SR-71". It is like 18 minutes long if i remember correctly. They have some serious balls in making this plane, and the space program was that x100.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                              There is a great podcast called "Apollo 1, What We Saw" that is on Apple Podcast. The narrator is Bill Whittle. It goes into great detail on the huge lift space travel was (and still is) and how we accomplished such great engineering feats. I highly recommend it, very informative but also entertaining.

There is also a youtube video on the SR-71 called "The engineering behind the SR-71". It is like 18 minutes long if i remember correctly. They have some serious balls in making this plane, and the space program was that x100.
                              Sr71 is just so cool. That and the stealth bomber/fighters were things my dad got to work on while in the airforce. I remember him taking me to watch them take off, just incredible machines.

Comment

My dad always said it was dangerous because everything used was low bid . .

Comment

Working...
                                X