This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El General View Post
    CFB teams can't afford to take the financial hit from no fans in attendance.
    Quite a few wouldn't be able to and would elect to forfeit. There would still be some TV revenue unless the networks back out. But viewership would be sky high I would think and advertising dollars would be good!

Comment

The ripple affect will be hard to watch an the unknown moving forward will prolly be best to prepare for the worst an hope for the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Or a player/staff member dying from “covid”

How different would this be if it was a student on campus that universities hold classes on campus? Why go from flattening the curve to zero tolerance for contracting the kung flu? Mortality rates in young adults don't support shutting sports down.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
          Not so fast! They don't need 100K people walking around eating fried butter on a stick and drinking foam beer out of paper cups to play the game. May not be any live attendance but surely we can find a way to play the games?? While I am not overly confident we will have large crowds in attendance, I hope we can play the games. I think the risk of serious illness to CFB players is extremely low.
          Man, I'm no longer certain there is going to be any sense of normalcy at the public education level. The overreach is spread far and wide and they have people in full panic mode.

Comment

How different would this be if it was a student on campus that universities hold classes on campus? Why go from flattening the curve to zero tolerance for contracting the kung flu? Mortality rates in young adults don't support shutting sports down.

Preaching to the choir

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
              Preaching to the choir

I know. To correct my last statement, mortality rates amongst all age groups don't support the shut down of the world economy. But here we are. The industry I work in is in economic shambles. We've filed for Chapter 11 protection and are working to restructure our debt. COVID-19 was the straw that broke the camels back. All of our peers are lining up to file now.

Comment

CFb schools can't take the chance of a player dying from covid. Better for football to be dead than a player athlete. No games this year.

Comment

Quite a few wouldn't be able to and would elect to forfeit. There would still be some TV revenue unless the networks back out. But viewership would be sky high I would think and advertising dollars would be good!
                  Advertising dollars go to the networks.

In a vaccuum, there are probably 10-20 programs that could survive without attendance. But, the universities themselves are expecting some loss of revenue and higher costs due to social distancing. They can't take the financial hit to the university plus the financial hit to the athletic department.

Comment

If there is no College football this yr there won't be any basketball and possibly other sports. College football supports all the other athletic departments

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      CFB teams can't afford to take the financial hit from no fans in attendance.
                      TV rights will be through the roof, they can't afford not to play

Play the crowd noise over the speakers.

Comment

The only bright side of no games would be the demanding athletes won’t have a platform for their demands if there are no games.

People are weak if they cancel the fall season.

Comment

2019-2022 champions

Comment

For the college football aficionados.

Comment

Y'all do realize that March Madness was cancelled. NBA was stopped mid season and MLB hasn't started yet. Right?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X