Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Bobcat Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
    Looks great. It's all in how they set the eyes.
    Except he didn't!

Comment

Legit! One of the better ones I’ve seen.

Comment

My taxidermist didn’t use a preset form. He’s an artist!

I sure wish he would have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Turned out great, regardless of how it was done or who did it. Nice mount !!!!!!

Comment

Bobcat Mount

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

This is great. Literally laughing out loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

And there it is! Seems like this pic makes every bobcat mount thread for comparison. Great looking work on the OP's pic also, I'd be proud of if it was mine pre made form or not.

Comment

Your Friend is an artist and a firefighter, can I have his #?

Comment

The eye set seem to give a lot of taxis problems. Or there is a pandemic of cross eyed bob cats in Texas.

Comment

That is a great mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                      I can't argue your point, but you've completely missed mine.
                      I didn't miss your point. There is a lot more to it than having pre set eyes. You still have to get the hide all set correctly. It is not easy, and the guy is still talented making it look that good.

Comment

Still my favorite!lol

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Solid looking bobcat. I agree, one of the better ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                            True.
                            But it's not fair to say that this guy is a great taxidermist because he put a skin on a form that has all the facial features pre-set. There is very little talent needed to put together a mount like that. The guy that "invented" that system makes a bunch of small mammal forms like this ... fox, bobcats, and coyotes, so far, but the sizes/poses are limited. What would this guy have done with an extremely large cat, that didn't fit on any of the forms that have a pre-set face?

There's a good chance that it would have been on the other end of the scale.

Like I said, I'm not discounting the guys talent, but it's not fair to say he's a great taxidermist, or that he has a full time future mounting bobcats, based on THAT mount.
                            This is exactly what you told me when I mounted my first coyote on a Hendricks form and posted it on here. Basically told me I “cheated”.

Since then I have mounted kitty cats, foxes and coyotes on Hendricks’ heads/forms. Yeah a Hendricks head doesn’t take much to make look well but there’s no need in bringing this up saying a person is not a good taxidermist when a person posts a mount on one of Brian’s forms. Your not going to win a blue ribbon at a taxidermy show with a Hendricks head but all of my customers have been happy with their cats/foxes. At the end of the day, if the customer is happy, then that’s all that matters.

I love Brian’s forms and will continue to use them, hell I ordered one today for a kitty.

To let everyone know, Hendricks’ forms are NOT preset eyes, the angles still have to be spot on, muscular structure around the eye is pre set and there is no guess work about facial bone structure to worry about. You still have do your sculpt work and paint. Hendricks has given us a great product to produce good quality commercial mounts for customers and I appreciate him.

To the OP, the mount looks great, don’t let some elitist taxi make you think you don’t have a good product.
                            Last edited by UltraMax; 05-28-2020, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I could honestly care less what Texastaxi thinks...I was posting what I thought was a cool looking mount that a buddy did. Texastaxi talked **** about an axis mount I had done a few years back, even though it was another TBH taxidermist who did a great job...sounds to me like he’s jealous he isn’t getting all the work. Well chief, after your comments on 2 of my threads now, I wouldn’t use you if you were the only taxi in Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by tminc View Post
                                Your Friend is an artist and a firefighter, can I have his #?
                                PM sent

Comment

Working...
                                X