No announcement yet.

F-250!tire advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have always run BFG KO2, but recently tried the Nitto Ridge Grapplers (295/65-20)....I will be going back to the BFG's.

Comment

It looks like you already have (arguably) the longest lasting and most quiet tire in the all-terrain category. If those are your priorities, you’re liable to spend a big chunk of money for a marginal gain in traction with a new set, IMO. With more road noise.

Honestly, for any amount of driving in mud, I like M/Ts. I just put a set of Yokohama Geolandar M/Ts on my truck and don’t notice any more road noise than my old Cooper A/Ts. I had a set of Michelins before the Coopers and they drove fine on everything (rocks/gravel, etc) except mud. I would buy them again for general highway and deer lease use, sans sticky mud.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
        What size did you go with?

275/65/r20
        Good tires

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

At 50,000 miles now

I spend a lot of time in the Pastures, we have lots of mesquite and cedar and never an issue. Pull way better than all terrain TAs which is what I used to run on half tons.
          They have outlasted any set of nitto I’ve had to date.

Comment

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
            I hear ya, I just ordered a set of bushings for mine too. Took me forever to figure out where that dang clunk was coming from.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
            If you are in Houston and taking it to a shop, I will tell you where not to have it repaired.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
              Ridge grapplers on mine. 295/65-20 (35x11.50)

Sierracharlie out…
              Are you at factory ride height? Spacers or anything? I am looking at that size, but don't want more rubbing than I currently have with 275's at factory ride height.

Comment

Just replaced my tires
                cooper was a top contender $310
                Pathfinder Was also $228 for 275/65/20 10ply E
                Bfg a/t was the winner because I had a brand new one and only had to buy 3 @ $300 per tire , 55,000 of hard miles on last set
                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-26-2020, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  Are you at factory ride height? Spacers or anything? I am looking at that size, but don't want more rubbing than I currently have with 275's at factory ride height.

2.5 level with rear blocks. Rubs at full lock some but that’s with factory rims. Aftermarket will eliminate any that.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by freestylest22 View Post
                    I'm running the Nitto Ridge grapplers on my personal 1-ton single single wheel, got 65k out of my first set. Also have them on my dad's F250, field foremans F250, dirt foremans F250 and dispatchers F350 single wheel. They all tow lightly and off road quite a bit. If you hear of someone NOT getting milage out of them they are either lying, don't keep air pressures correct and rotate or tow a heavy bumper pull trailer where no tire will yield any milage. The Toyo Open County AT2 is also a great tire and they're making an AT3 now but I've yet to buy any of those.
                    I don't like being called a liar or incompetent....so I'll just say, you're wrong. I've had mine rotated twice, keep them at proper psi and these Nitto's aren't getting near the mileage you claim. I will be lucky to get 30k miles out of these so I'm not sure how you're getting 65k miles unless you're running them bald. My brother has the same F250 crew 4x4 and is experiencing the same tread life as mine with his Nittos.

These will be the last Nittos I buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                      I don't like being called a liar or incompetent....so I'll just say, you're wrong. I've had mine rotated twice, keep them at proper psi and these Nitto's aren't getting near the mileage you claim. I will be lucky to get 30k miles out of these so I'm not sure how you're getting 65k miles unless you're running them bald. My brother has the same F250 crew 4x4 and is experiencing the same tread life as mine with his Nittos.

I had the same experience with the Nittos, I had two sets on a 2011 Chevrolet 2500 I drove from 2013-2017. There were not the ridge grapplers but terra grapplers and I would not buy another set of Nittos. Very little off-road with that truck, Rotated, and always properly inflated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post

Its crazy and im not gonna argue about tires because its like arguing about truck brands but I just pulled a set off last week that had 62,000 miles on them on a 3/4 ton. I could have went another few thousand if I had wanted. Im on my 4th set of nittos and have gotten at least 50,000 out of every set. Those were the trail grapplers mt's before this last set of ridge grapplers.

Comment

35 12.50 20 ridge grapplers

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                            Its crazy and im not gonna argue about tires because its like arguing about truck brands but I just pulled a set off last week that had 62,000 miles on them on a 3/4 ton. I could have went another few thousand if I had wanted. Im on my 4th set of nittos and have gotten at least 50,000 out of every set. Those were the trail grapplers mt's before this last set of ridge grapplers.
                            Exact same experience, pulled off at around 62k, could have gone 65k but with extra rain this year i decided to just buy new ones.

Comment

I’ve got Toyo rt’s now and I can tell you they are extremely quiet but lacking in the traction department, they look more aggressive than they really are. Also I’ve had 3 flats driving around in the South Texas brush, I will not be buying again. The cooper st maxx were bullet proof but not quite as quiet. Bfg ko2 where extremely quiet but not enough traction and didn’t hold up on gravel roads. Nittos are trash if you ask me as for any Goodyear tire. This is on 3/4 and 1 ton truck on farm and ranch all day everyday. Looks like Cooper from here on out.

Comment

So you guys are running 35's ok with no leveling or lift kit? The factory tires on my 2017 f250 are looking pretty bad. I need to upgrade soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X