Crap...smoker went out....am I screwed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap...smoker went out....am I screwed?

i Put a brisket on last night on the pellet grill set on 180 heavy smoke. Was at 160 this morning at 8. Wrapped and put back on and turned up the heat to 225. Checked it around 11 and it was at 185. Got busy and didn’t check again till 1 and the dang pit and turned off, brisket was down to 165. Got it going again and now it’s back to to 175. I’m hoping I didn’t ruin this. Anyone else made this mistake? I actually bumped the heat up to 250 as I want to pull it off by 4 so it can rest at least an hour and a half. Any suggestions other than don’t let the pit turn off next time? You think it will still turn out?

It should be fine

Comment

And yes I just ordered a new wireless temp monitor with a separate probe for pit temp that will sound an alarm so I can’t get busy and make this mistake again......hopefully. Lol

Comment

I wouldn’t worry at all

Comment

You ruined it! Give me your address and I’ll be by to pick it up. Wouldn’t want you to get sick eating it!

It will be fine. Might end up being the best brisket you’ve ever smoked!

Comment

It’s happened to me a few different times on brisket and pork butt. Everything turned out fine. Don’t sweat it

Comment

I think you will be fine. It was almost done at 185. I would cook till internal of 205 and let it rest. I always wrap mine around 160 when the stall hits and finish in the oven. This is one good reason not to leave in the smoker after wrapping. I see no reason to leave outside where you have to maintain a fire and temp control on a stick burner or burn pellets and risk a problem like yours. Good Luck.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I’ll let you know how it turns out. Gonna run it to 205 and then put it in the cooler to rest.

Comment

You know you can take hours off a cook if you crank the temp up. I cook my brisket at 275-300, they come out the same and they’re usually done in 7-8 hours. Also your brisket will be fine.

Comment

**** hipster smokers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      You know you can take hours off a cook if you crank the temp up. I cook my brisket at 275-300, they come out the same and they’re usually done in 7-8 hours. Also your brisket will be fine.
                      Blasphemy 🤣

Comment

I'm curious to know if it lost some moisture content dipping back down and having to "reheat"...that would be my only concern. I'd still look forward to eating it though.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                          I'm curious to know if it lost some moisture content dipping back down and having to "reheat"...that would be my only concern. I'd still look forward to eating it though.
                          That is my exact concern. This is no prime brisket.....just some crappy thing I was able to find at Walmart. also I didn’t add any beef broth when I wrapped like I usually do for cheaper ones. Also it’s in butcher paper not foil so all those things are working against me in this goof up. I thought about opening it up and adding some broth, thought about wrapping in foil, and then thought what the heck let’s just leave it and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            **** hipster smokers.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Theres always a bottle of sweet baby Ray's and a knife

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X