Tell Me Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
    Did anybody else here that Backstreet Boy's song in their head when they read the title? Or was it just me...need to ditch the white claw and pick up the whiskey....I'm so ashamed...

That’s funny, I don’t care who you are. [emoji1477][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a better pic of the gate as it exists now--two t-posts inside, set wider than the gate, with a wire twist from post to post.

Here's a close-up of the "trigger"---just a piece of L-shaped wire attached to the wire between the t-posts that holds the gate open by hooking under that piece of XX75 Autumn Orange shaft which is over the bolt holding the two gates together.

The feeder is just about centered in the pen, maybe a few feet closer to the back, and there is a rope stretched tight across the trap behind the feeder (away from the gate) about 6-8" off the ground. I tie a second piece of rope, pull tape, string--whatever, from the cross rope to the L-shaped piece of wire. I have a lawn tractor tire in the trap that I lay flat, dump about a half-gallon of corn inside and put on top of a few pieces of limbs. I put it against the low rope and when the hogs get after the tire corn, the rope pulls the L-shaped trigger out from under the gate and it drops.

I also put lots of corn inside the gate and between the gate and the feeder, so the first one in the trap doesn't run straight to the tire and trigger it before the rest get inside.
      Last edited by dustoffer; 05-28-2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X