Single pin bow sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single pin bow sight

Im looking at getting a single pin sight and want recommendations from people who have used them.

I've been looking at truglo, hha, apex...... trying to keep it around no more than $150ish. Let me hear your suggestions.

Thanks
    Jeff

Never had any issues with a tru glo. I’ll see if I can find the one I had, didn’t keep it too long since I’m not a fan of a single pin for hunting

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
      Never had any issues with a tru glo. I’ll see if I can find the one I had, didn’t keep it too long since I’m not a fan of a single pin for hunting
      I was looking at truglo, but they seem a little heavier than others according to their weight...... not sure if that is a big issue when shooting with them

Comment

Love my HHA My Daughter has a Apex on her vertix and it seems like it’s a pretty good sight as well .

Comment

Axcel accutouch accuhunter. Comb for a used one to keep your price range. Well worth it for adjustability and toughness.

Before that I used a vital bow gear starslide that was great as well.

Comment

Apex Covert Pro. It has cross hairs with a power dot and no pins. I ve had it for 3 years now a really like it. I think it was around your price range.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
              Apex Covert Pro. It has cross hairs with a power dot and no pins. I ve had it for 3 years now a really like it. I think it was around your price range.
              I was looking at this sight also. I think Apex is made by
              By truglo..... but i could be wrong on that.

Comment

Ive went back and forth. Over the last few years, I have migrated to heavy arrows and mostly fixed blade setups. As such, an adjustable site makes sense. The difference between 42 and 48 yards is needed, or at least preferred to be exact rather than rounding to the closest 10. HOWEVER, when things happen fast, I like more than 1 pin. The Spot Hogg 3 pin adjustable is really nice. Best of both worlds. If I am hunting in long range situations, Ill set the first pin to 30 and have 30-50, and then of course can micro adjust. It is a little pricey but you can surf a few forums and pickup a used one. I did use the single pin IQ for a while and liked it.

Comment

I have two single pin sights right now. One an HHA king pin, I really like the sight by far the brightest pins, but the bolts rust really easy and I had to modify the yardage ring to work the way I wanted ( needed) The other is a spott hogg hogg it. This sight does not have the build quality the HHA has, the adjustments have a bit of “ slop” in them. They both work, if I could just have the best of both sights and none of the bad, it would be the perfect sight. But I would say HHA has more good then bad.

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
                    I was looking at this sight also. I think Apex is made by
                    By truglo..... but i could be wrong on that.
                    I guess i am getting old and my vision is going. I had lasik 25 years ago and when i turned 50 I had to use readers to see up close. Im 59 now and I cant see 20/20 anymore at distance. Pins custered on me bad and the target was blurry. I use a white clarifier in my peep and that combo works well for me. Having no pins is the best part. You can see the whole animal or target. It has 10 power settings that are great. Low power for low light and high power for bright light.

Comment

I’m diggin my Spot Hogg Fast Eddie.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                        I guess i am getting old and my vision is going. I had lasik 25 years ago and when i turned 50 I had to use readers to see up close. Im 59 now and I cant see 20/20 anymore at distance. Pins custered on me bad and the target was blurry. I use a white clarifier in my peep and that combo works well for me. Having no pins is the best part. You can see the whole animal or target. It has 10 power settings that are great. Low power for low light and high power for bright light.
                        Please explain the “no pins” part of your setup...and the power settings. I’ve tried a clarifier but am not familiar with these.

Comment

Montana Black Gold Ascent....solid piece of equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
                            Im looking at getting a single pin sight and want recommendations from people who have used them.

I've been looking at truglo, hha, apex...... trying to keep it around no more than $150ish. Let me hear your suggestions.

Thanks
                            Jeff
                            I have an HHA 5519 with tapes I’d let go for $75tyd. I just upgraded to a couple of HHA Tetras.

Comment

I've got 2 HHA and they work great

Comment

Working...
                              X